The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Irish 2000gns this weekend and the eyecatcher of our own race is marked up as the 3/1 fav.Again a horse who needs Good fast ground but the weather reports suggest he’ll get it,if he does I wont be betting against him as he’s a Group 1 winner in waiting.I have taken the 22’s for the St James Palace Stakes too as thats a natural target for a failed Guineas horse,he’ll redeem himself this weekend!

Cristoforo Colombo

£200 win 3/1 Bet365 Irish 2000gns.

£600

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord why you not see CHAMPIONSHIP as a guineas horse will not shock me if he wins coventry and go for the best 2yos races at 7f

Any thoughts on STUBBS who won at weekend he got beat on debut by the horse that our Tommy is following.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord why you not see CHAMPIONSHIP as a guineas horse will not shock me if he wins coventry and go for the best 2yos races at 7f

Any thoughts on STUBBS who won at weekend he got beat on debut by the horse that our Tommy is following.

Darren its not so much the horse (

Championship)

that cant win the 2000gns,its the connections!! :shock: The days of

Tirol

and

Dont Forget Me

winning their respective 2000 gns seem like yesteryear and yet neither colt was as good as

Canford Cliffs

Strong Suit

, or

Toronado

and yet none of them were capable of emulating their long lost stable companions.My faith in ‘The Hannons’ ability in training a 2000gns winner has dwindled somewhat even though they are more bullish about their horses abilities these days they fail to deliver!
    As for

Stubbs

v

Saburo

,I’ll take the O’Brien horse to reverse future placings with the Bolger Colt,these ‘Danehill dancers’ love to stretch out on good ground Darren and he certainly never got that first time out against ‘Saburo’.My reputations on the line I know but hey whens it never? :lol:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I agree with the above regarding

Championship

looking the ideal Coventry type, and for my money he’ll be there or thereabouts at the Royal meeting. However, a concern going forward as a possible Guineas type would have to be with him being sired by

Exceed And Excel

who boasts a stamina index of just 6.6f, not ideal for a Guineas horse.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I don’t think the St Leger will suit Trading Leather, chances are it will be softish and I have doubts he’ll stay in any case.

I agree about the ground issue Steve and that is my main concern about backing him Ante-Post for an Autumnal race.I backed him heavily for the Derby fully expecting him to run in it whether

Dawn approach

ran in it or not as its no big deal running 2 horses, so why Jim Bolgers adamant he wont be joining the big chestnut surprises me as there’s only one Derby and 2nd strings have been known to run well.From a Breeding point of view,the dams side has plenty of stamina as has the sires, I’m a big fan of

Sinndar

as a Stallion,he’s sired several Group 1 11/2m horses in

Youmzain

Shareta

and

Shawanda

and down the

Teofilo

bloodline there’s

Lashkari

and

Mill Reef

,this fellows a purple bred colt who is a Group 1 winner in waiting……….On fast ground unfortunately!

Sinndar was the one that got away as far as I was concerned. At the end of that season I looked back at my ten to follow and had eight really good ones and two duffers. I realised after recalculating with Sinndar in place of one duffer and ANY other horse with any points for the other duffer, I would have won the bloody competition. Other than Sea The Stars, John Oxx hasn’t been lucky for me. I had a thick bet on Alamshar in The Epsom Derby and still can’t fathom how he didn’t win that day. To add insult to injury he came out and won the Irish Derby and the King George at Ascot, turning the form right round with Kris Kin.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Championship

looking the ideal Coventry type, and for my money he’ll be there or thereabouts at the Royal meeting. However, a concern going forward as a possible Guineas type would have to be with him being sired by

Exceed And Excel

A nice sprinting sort won the first at Nottingham today by

Exceed and Excel

but looking at

Championships

breeding,there’s Stamina in there,well enough to get a mile but thats enough to win a Guineas.

Danzig

on the Sires side was a potent force of a sire himself and certainly gets American Derby winners and

Lomond

a 2000gns winner himself on the Dam side suggests there’s enough Puff in there,interestingly there’s

Diesis

blood and

Lomond

blood on either side of

Championships

pedigree and we all know what those 2 did in the 83 2000gns so I’d happily put this fellow on the current 2014 Guineas shortlist! 25/1 for those tempted!

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Championship

Exceed And Excel

A nice sprinting sort won the first at Nottingham today by

Exceed and Excel

but looking at

Championships

breeding,there’s Stamina in there,well enough to get a mile but thats enough to win a Guineas.

Danzig

on the Sires side was a potent force of a sire himself and certainly gets American Derby winners and

Lomond

a 2000gns winner himself on the Dam side suggests there’s enough Puff in there,interestingly there’s

Diesis

blood and

Lomond

blood on either side of

Championships

pedigree and we all know what those 2 did in the 83 2000gns so I’d happily put this fellow on the current 2014 Guineas shortlist! 25/1 for those tempted!

I don’t doubt for a second he’ll get a mile Gord, but I just can’t have him as the

winner

at this stage given the norm regarding sires’ stamina indexes in the Guineas.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

………….All this coming from someone who’s just had £50 on one who hasn’t seen a racecourse yet :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"stevecaution":13jii8e6 wrote:

Sinndar was the one that got away as far as I was concerned. At the end of that season I looked back at my ten to follow and had eight really good ones and two duffers. I realised after recalculating with Sinndar in place of one duffer and ANY other horse with any points for the other duffer, I would have won the bloody competition. Other than Sea The Stars, John Oxx hasn’t been lucky for me. I had a thick bet on Alamshar in The Epsom Derby and still can’t fathom how he didn’t win that day. To add insult to injury he came out and won the Irish Derby and the King George at Ascot, turning the form right round with Kris Kin.

Alamshar

Kris Kin

and

Dalakhani

all had solid collateral form through each other and there really wasn’t much between them,personally I favoured the French colt and I still hate to see him beaten by the Oxx horse in the Irish Derby now.Of course me being me got 10/1 about him winning the Arc after that run so redemption was duly recieved.Thankfully ‘Alamshar took a different route mind (Champion stakes! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

………….All this coming from someone who’s just had £50 on one who hasn’t seen a racecourse yet :lol:

Current Approach

??? Boz…….Please tell! :lol:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Current Approach

This

Current Approach

you speak of Gord, I can’t seem to find a profile for him anywhere. Where did you find him? And tell me more! Needless to say who he’s sired by :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord any thoughts on 1000 guineas this week i think
    JUST THE JUDGE will win she love stiff 1m at Curragh and she outstay them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Flashy Approach

is entered in a 7 furlong maiden at Gowran next Thursday Gord :)

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I reckon there could be worse long-shots for the Oaks than Planete Bleue at 80s, all day today, on Betfair, Gord. It’s trained by a successful, second-year rookie, called F-H Graffard. Look him up on the horse’s history, under Stories. Imho, hence the price.

She’s by Dansili out of a mare by Sadlers Wells, whose own dam was the great Pawneese, and is owned by Wildenstein. Nothing remarkable about her siblings, but a Wildenstein horse over here for a classic? And at that price? If she runs…..

Very keen on the German horse, Chopin for the Derby, Dunaden the value for the Coronation Cup, and quite keen on Kingsgate Native for the Temple. But horses I tipped on here haven’t had a good record, alas.

Last Saturday, I came out of a long run of bad luck, and wonder if anybody else experienced it at the same time. Horses that ought to have won, good, value bets, all went down. One was in that big handicap won by a 50/1 shot, so I suppose I wasn’t alone there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I reckon there could be worse long-shots for the Oaks than Planete Bleue at 80s, all day today, on Betfair, Gord. It’s trained by a successful, second-year rookie, called F-H Graffard. Look him up on the horse’s history, under Stories. Imho, hence the price.

She’s by Dansili out of a mare by Sadlers Wells, whose own dam was the great Pawneese, and is owned by Wildenstein. Nothing remarkable about her siblings, but a Wildenstein horse over here for a classic? And at that price? If she runs…..

Bloody hell Grimes you’ve dug one out there mate,this

Planete Bleue

has only ran twice in her life and won a maiden……But like you say she is incredibly well bred and has Stamina through both parents via the likes of

Kahyasi

and

Sadlers Wells

so a 11/2m is within her compass,as much as I would dismiss her instantly as an Oaks filly I still see the

All Along

shiny blue colours and think the Wildensteins have a history of quality horses,is this another? I hope she does run Grimes,25/1 with Boylesports is half the price of others! :o

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Current Approach

This

Current Approach

you speak of Gord, I can’t seem to find a profile for him anywhere. Where did you find him? And tell me more! Needless to say who he’s sired by :lol:

Sorry Boz,its

Correct Approach

mate!!
    He’s a 2yo Chestnut colt by you know who out of a ‘Mr Greeley’ mare called

Gleigeal

who was trained by Jim and owned by the Missus as usual,she only ran 3 times as a 2yo and that was her career.I like progeny that look like their Sires,one of the reasons I lumped on ‘Dawn’ early!
    I was up at Ponty the other night and saw a

Mastercraftsman

2yo win gamely,trouble was this fellow

Master Carpenter

was a Chestnut son of a Grey! :shock: I couldn’t back him!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Only just gone through my e-mails and Pm’s on here and I have to say I recieved one from

Grimes

late last night suggesting a punt on an 11/1 shot called

Head of Steam

at Goodwood today.Having only just seen it I can only apologise for not responding,having since seen that it won at 8/1 I can only Kick myself for not checking earlier,a belated well played ‘Grimes’ on a very accurate and well written piece on the horse! I better take a closer look at this French filly in the Oaks again now then! :oops:

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.