The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Any thoughts on Fury tonight? Probably needs more rain but could do himself justice FTO. Montriridge was a very classy 2 yo and has weight allowance but at the likely odds I’d prefer to be on Fury.

I was expecting a big run from

Montiridge

rich as he has good form with

Trading Leather

but he dissapointed badly.As for ‘Fury’,I’m afraid he has fallen out of love with the game and I for one is in no hurry to back him at the moment.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord what your thoughts on french 1000 and 2000 guineas i think
    STYLE VENDOME is a improved horse now and if he comes to Ascot i expect him to win ST James Palace.People will say the draw did not help OYLMPIC GLORY.But you could say the same thing about INTELLO who was drawn widest of all but was a fast finishing 3rd. i expect him to go up in trip 1m2 in french derby and go to 1m4 maybe a horse for the arc. when you think Andre Fabre has TABLEUX,OCOVANGO and INTELLO he has a strong batch of 3yo colts.If OCOVANGO wins epsom derby can i come round your house and kick the cat for not being on at 66/1 when i first ask you about horse :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Good luck with your new thread Gord, I’ve took the 1/11 that you finish in profit. Ginge has took the 100/1 (value, true odds 99/1)each/way that you end in red.

Hannon’s have been a little off form in the past week or so and I wouldnt worry too much about the run as he said of Montiridge before yesterdays race –

"Montiridge did us proud last season, winning twice and then running a blinder in the Autumn Stakes at Newmarket, but we had his wind tweaked during the winter and he has come back a different horse."

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Nath, I do like Ginge,you will get to meet him one of these days.Do you know he’s actually a very religious person,always at Church before a Sunday Salisbury meeting,he’s known on the rails as ‘The Choirboy’,thats a bit concerning like but I’m sure his soul has been cleansed at Confession for his sins! We all know his biggest ‘Sin’.No its not Bullying me! Its his need to eat every Jaffa cake in the packet,that is a sure sign of a lack of discipline,its compulsive behaviour and its the sort of thing any Professional wont tolerate.I know it makes sad reading when you see him post things like "I’ve backed every Winner of every staying race this year".On closer scrutiny there were a total of 156 runners in those races and Ginge backed 163 of them!! :shock: Like I say I do like him but God (Whoops) help him when Grandma offers him the ‘Victorian Xmas Selection’ Biscuit tin and says "You can only have one young man".I’d go as far to say the Ginger one would be a 75.5% chance,the Pink wafery one,well he just doesn’t go for an easy Pink does he? 25% chance.The Chocolate one with a Caramel middle would be a 55% chance as I’ve always had my doubts about him and thats to an overround of 155.5%. :lol: I tell you Nath he’s nearly as funny as us!! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

TAPK i see First Mohican’s running at York tomorrow and seem to remember you tipping this up last year,what do you think his chances are ?Sounds like there’s going to be a serious downpour before racing tomorrow so should get his ground :?:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If OCOVANGO wins epsom derby can i come round your house and kick the cat for not being on at 66/1 when i first ask you about horse :lol:

Well the last time I said a French horse had No chance in the Derby,it romped home darren but ‘Ocavango’ wont trouble

Dawn Approach

! I wasn’t over impressed with either the French Guineas winners mate,I shall keep the faith in

Olympic glory

myself,he’ll bounce back,possibly stepped up in trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK i see First Mohican’s running at York tomorrow and seem to remember you tipping this up last year,what do you think his chances are ?Sounds like there’s going to be a serious downpour before racing tomorrow so should get his ground :?:

The last time I saw Jonibake was at Nottingham races and

First Mohican

was the banker of the day,he beat a horse called ‘Art Scholar’ quite comfortably and I backed him for the November handicap on the strength of that run,he failed miserably behind none other than ‘Art Scholar’! :shock: Sir Henrys chestnut seems very reliant on Soft ground and if its raining in Yorks like it is in Derbys they will have had a good 10mm,thats enough to get into the ground and change it to the soft side of good which will certainly help ‘First Mohican’.At the weights though I do like

Prompter

,he likes York,handles any ground and on his day is useful,I also like the connection of Jonjo/JP/Ryan Moore and 10/1 is generous.If the rain does get in and the ground rides genuine Soft,I reckon

Maarek

will get the benefit of a slightly rusty

Mince

, he is a class horse on soft ground.Whatever ‘Mince’ does tomorrow I’m more interested in Royal Ascot for her.I reckon this

Steventon star

will be Royal Ascot bound after tomorrow too! :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord am gutted over TELESCOPE and i see the darkhorse from o’brein yard now fav for dante INDIAN CHIEF will not shock me if he wins dante on route to epsom now.

Gord what your thoughts on INTELLO as well then stayed on very strong at finish on sunday from worst draw. 3strides would of won a step up in trip for him i say.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Good luck with your new thread Gord, I’ve took the 1/11 that you finish in profit. Ginge has took the 100/1 (value, true odds 99/1)each/way that you end in red.

At those odds Nathan I’d take both prices for a certain profit. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Nath, I do like Ginge,you will get to meet him one of these days.Do you know he’s actually a very religious person,always at Church before a Sunday Salisbury meeting,he’s known on the rails as ‘The Choirboy’,thats a bit concerning like but I’m sure his soul has been cleansed at Confession for his sins! We all know his biggest ‘Sin’.No its not Bullying me! Its his need to eat every Jaffa cake in the packet,that is a sure sign of a lack of discipline,its compulsive behaviour and its the sort of thing any Professional wont tolerate.I know it makes sad reading when you see him post things like "I’ve backed every Winner of every staying race this year".On closer scrutiny there were a total of 156 runners in those races and Ginge backed 163 of them!! :shock: Like I say I do like him but God (Whoops) help him when Grandma offers him the ‘Victorian Xmas Selection’ Biscuit tin and says "You can only have one young man".I’d go as far to say the Ginger one would be a 75.5% chance,the Pink wafery one,well he just doesn’t go for an easy Pink does he? 25% chance.The Chocolate one with a Caramel middle would be a 55% chance as I’ve always had my doubts about him and thats to an overround of 155.5%. :lol: I tell you Nath he’s nearly as funny as us!! :wink:

As a diabetic athiest Gord you are as wrong about me now as you’ve always been. :lol:

I don’t do religion.
    Or (sadly) biscuits. :cry:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord am gutted over TELESCOPE and i see the darkhorse from o’brein yard now fav for dante INDIAN CHIEF will not shock me if he wins dante on route to epsom now.

Gord what your thoughts on INTELLO as well then stayed on very strong at finish on sunday from worst draw. 3strides would of won a step up in trip for him i say.

Darren,your horse will have to do a ‘Lammtara’ if he’s going to go straight there now but I had the same stats folk telling me

Workforce

cant win the Derby after being beaten in the Dante!We know the rules of Ante-Post betting aren’t for the feint hearted but the rewards can be massive! :wink: Good Luck!
    As for this

Intello

,I still cant believe ‘Peslier’ chose ‘Anodin’……..Very strange decision but he was an unlucky loser imo who has to go French Derby now,I wouldn’t oppose him for sure……With Peslier back on! :roll:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Re Steventon Star, Richard Hannon Jnr said he was unsure about 6f for this fellow. It looks a decent race today and we should know more about him afterward. Did anyone see Fast for the Hannon team at Chepstow last night? He may not have beaten much but he was impressive in coming away to win 7 lengths. eased down, over the minimum. Not the most scopey sort but he surely has better races in him.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Re Steventon Star, Richard Hannon Jnr said he was unsure about 6f for this fellow. It looks a decent race today and we should know more about him afterward. Did anyone see Fast for the Hannon team at Chepstow last night? He may not have beaten much but he was impressive in coming away to win 7 lengths. eased down, over the minimum. Not the most scopey sort but he surely has better races in him.

Yes Steve the well named

Fast

certainly looks Royal Ascot bound after that performance last night,I cant believe the price of

Steventon star

winning at 9/4 too.Anytime the Hannons send one north of the Trent it has to be fancied.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A couple of decent 2yo’s turned out tonight at Naas,both Jim Bolgers.

Heart Focus

looked decent but ultimately boosted the form of the Coolmore horse

Coach House

who has a speed pedigree so concerns over the 2000gns profile.This

Club Wexford

of Jims is a bit of a talking horse and he was a well backed debutant who will improve a ton for the run and a step up in trip is a certainty,it all seemed to happen a bit quick for this fellow over an inadequate trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

This

Club Wexford

of Jims is a bit of a talking horse and he was a well backed debutant who will improve a ton for the run and a step up in trip is a certainty,it all seemed to happen a bit quick for this fellow over an inadequate trip.

Was going to write about this horse on my thread but as you’ve mentioned him I’ll respond here. This horse was for me without the horse to take from today’s meeting. He looked like he didn’t know what to do when push came to shove and got outpaced, then when the penny dropped he flew home. I agree that when he gets stepped up in trip he looks nailed on for a maiden at the very least. I’d be confident he’ll break his duck next time even over the same trip, given I feel he’ll improve significantly for that experience. He looks a nice prospect. Whether he’s as good as Saburo I don’t know! :P

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Do you think Obrien will go for a2nd Coronation with St Nic Abbey? If he does he will go off long odds on!!

I can also see Dawn Approach going off close to 4/6

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I do think

St Nicholas Abbey

will go the Coronation cup route GDC,although if he were mine I’d be doing a ‘Yeats’and sending him to the Gold cup!
    There’s plenty more to come from the Bolgers yet Tommy,

Correct Approach

and

Prudent Approach

trade at 50/1 and 33/1 respectively for the 2000/1000 gns currently,that would be a 1734/1 double! :lol: Keep your eye out for an unraced 3yo Chestnut colt at John Oxxs called

Flashy Approach

,beautifully bred son of the Mick channon trained,Jaber Abdullah owned ‘Flashy Wings’!

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.