The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Great stuff GDC.Hope you did well,i had a small bet,thanks :P

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Watch the last ride and I don’t know how they got away with it!

Had a good look at the horse Gary,watched his last run from Catterick a couple of times,the first time I was watching the wrong horse thanks to Simon Holt confusing the colours like I did,(Wrong hat colour in Sporting life).I cant say it was a particularly bad ride from ‘Conor’ but he was quite content to finish 2nd.I notice he won the race you are on about last year off a mark of 64,he’s off 67 tomorrow and has to be in with a shout just on the fact he won the race last year.Good Luck mate!

Well in there Gary,

Secret city

was 6’s last night and returns 10/1 tonight and surprise surprise I never had a penny on.About time you started your own thread you shrewdy! :wink:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Sadly I’m know here near good enough and I don’t have the time!! I am happy sharing what I know but have been around too long and fully understand that peoPle on forums are extremely cynical mate :-)

I totally admire your foresight and racing knowledge and by the way did I mention YEEEE HAAAAA shitty won nowt, get in Wigan :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sadly I’m know here near good enough and I don’t have the time!! I am happy sharing what I know but have been around too long and fully understand that peoPle on forums are extremely cynical mate :-)

I totally admire your foresight and racing knowledge and by the way did I mention YEEEE HAAAAA shitty won nowt, get in Wigan :-)

Are you P*ssed or what Gary? I dont understand a word of that! :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ll be updating this thread periodically as to how I see future target races shaping up,I wish I had a pound for everytime I’m asked "Have you seen next years Guineas Winners yet" :lol: What I will say is I’ve seen every 2yo run so far and the obvious names to throw into the mix are

Coach House

Focus on Venice

Freedom square

Fast in the wind

Saakhen

and the only one who I would be tempted with is

Michaelmas

,he’d be a long term prospect with plenty scope,not sure about the breeding though,born 24th February I’d see him as a Coventry sort.
    Notice how all these are Irish horses! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’ll be updating this thread periodically as to how I see future target races shaping up,I wish I had a pound for everytime I’m asked "Have you seen next years Guineas Winners yet" :lol: What I will say is I’ve seen every 2yo run so far and the obvious names to throw into the mix are

Coach House

Focus on Venice

Freedom square

Fast in the wind

Saakhen

and the only one who I would be tempted with is

Michaelmas

,he’d be a long term prospect with plenty scope,not sure about the breeding though,born 24th February I’d see him as a Coventry sort.
    Notice how all these are Irish horses! :shock:

For me you’ve left out the most obvious one:

SABURO

He’s trained by Jim Bolger and won the opening 2 yo maiden of the season, just like Dawn Approach. I’m hoping the similarities won’t end there :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"thehorsesmouth":2irktk5p wrote:

For me you’ve left out the most obvious one:

SABURO

He’s trained by Jim Bolger and won the opening 2 yo maiden of the season, just like Dawn Approach. I’m hoping the similarities won’t end there :)

Yes he’s a fine looking colt Tommy,great to see the Silks of Sheikh Mohammed too,this fellows breeding has a Derby look to it to me already and yet he’s got the speed to win over 5f! :shock: Lightening strikes twice in the same place eh? I’m a bit more dubious about that happening myself but like you say he’s an obvious one,I’ll throw a couple of unraced 2yo’s in the mix as to being ones to watch out for from Jims yard.

Correct Approach

,for me a ‘New approach’ colt has to be a Chestnut as he’s sired plenty who aren’t, this fellow is and he’s related to the yards

Finsceal Beo

so has a Guineas profile already,another is the filly

Dushlan

, again a Chestnut,unlike

Dawn approachs

full sister

Prudent Approach

,33/1fav for the 2014 1000gns whos a bay.’Dushlan’ is a Granddaughter of ‘Rock of Gibralter’,I’m looking forward to all these and more.
    When

Dawn Approach

won his debut on the 25th March last year at the Curragh over 5f,I’m not going to say I said there and then 2000gns winner,I said "Geez he looks like his Dad" then it was almost 2 months later he beat the same ‘Canary Row’ at Naas over 6f,thats when I said to myself ‘Guineas Horse’,he had come on a ton since his debut and destroyed ‘Canary Row’ instead of just beating him.I thought then he’s crying out for 7f but he was entered in the Coventry and I knew if he won that the 20/1 available would go so in I went………The rest is History.

Saburo

nice as he is.isn’t giving me the Guineas buzz….Just yet anyway!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I see The Derby 2nd fav runs in an Historic Derby trial at Leopardstown today,this

Battle of Marengo

certainly has his supporters but I’m not one of them,I still believe

Trading Leather

is a better horse and he’s 33/1 for Epsom,interestingly Jim Bolger runs his

Loch Garmon

against this Odds-on hotpot and I expect him to trouble the fav,he’s a bloody good horse this son of Teofilo although I certainly dont want him too run away with the Derrinstown as that would put 3 of Jims horses in the Derby picture and I’m happy for just his big 2 turning up! Save him for the Irish Derby Jim!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I would be pretty confident of

Olympic Glory

winning the French 2000gns today had it been run just about anywhere other than Longchamp,his style of running suggests he’s going to end up looking for gaps that wont exist and him being denied a clear passage is not condusive to landing a Classic,thats how I see it anyway,(The new me adding caution).I would expect a big run from whatever Olivier Peslier rides as he’s a maestro round here!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’ll be keeping the faith with Saburo until he’s beaten anyway Gord, hopefully that won’t be for a while :)

You’ve listed a very exciting bunch and it’s exciting to see the talent Bolger has with all his New Approach, Teofilo and Intense Focus stock.

I’d also like to see the well named Loch Garman give the favourite a fright, something which I think he’s well capable of.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ll be keeping the faith with Saburo until he’s beaten anyway Gord, hopefully that won’t be for a while :)

The first marker for potential 2000 gns horses is The Coventry Tommy,I believe your horse will contest it so thats a Start!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Why on earth this

Battle of Marengo

is 4/1 2nd fav for the Derby,I dont know,he has No chance of emulating the likes of

Galileo

Sinndar

and

High Chapperal

, No chance!
    Jim bolgers

Loch Garmon

was the only plausible danger and he hung badly in the straight before picking up at the death,he will improve more than the fav for the run although the runner-up would hate Epsom.I can see a re-match in the Irish Derby and I know who I’d go for.As for Epsom itself I can only hope Jim thinks like me and runs

Trading Leather

in the Dante then goes to Epsom as he’d be coming home with the first 2 imo.Having no interest in either ‘Telescope’ or ‘Battle of Marengo’,You would get 11/10 v 10/11 in a match and I’d lump on the Stoute horse to finish in front of the Coolmore horse in the Derby itself!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sir Henry Cecil has a fantastic record with fillies and its very rare he has a poor one,particularly a Juddmonte homebred.

Ithaca

was one such filly,I fell for her breeding before she set foot on a racecourse,’Distant View’-‘Reams of Verse’ both Group 1 winners,even after her debut I was dreaming of a 1000gns filly but she failed to build on that 1 victory in 10 starts,I did like the confirmation of her though as I did the Mother and an unraced 2yo Bay filly has caught my eye at Henrys by ‘Dansili’-‘Ithaca’,as has the Brown colt by ‘Sea the Stars’-‘Love Divine’,if thats not bred to win around a 11/2m at Epsom,nothing is!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was Raindancing during the build up to the 2000gns as I felt on really fast ground

Dawn Approach

might just hold a bit back and not let himself down up that Newmarket hill,OK it worked albeit 15 mins before the race but the big chestnut strode out wonderfully.
    Now I’m praying it stays dry up at York this week as my Derby horse

Trading Leather

hates to get his feet wet,if it comes up Good ground he’ll run in the Dante and go on to Epsom,if it doesn’t he wont run in either,I’m on at 33/1 for Epsom a price still freely available today but it means nothing if the horse is a non-runner,if he does turn up at York he only has ‘Telescope’ the 6/4fav to beat so at 8/1 he is a massive e/w bet to 3 places now………Decisions,decisions! :roll:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord a bit shocked to see you put MINCE up for golden jubille. i remember when i asked you about horse you said horse will progress but maybe not a group one horse any reason change your mind.

• Total Posts 1217

Any thoughts on Fury tonight? Probably needs more rain but could do himself justice FTO. Montriridge was a very classy 2 yo and has weight allowance but at the likely odds I’d prefer to be on Fury.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord a bit shocked to see you put MINCE up for golden jubille. i remember when i asked you about horse you said horse will progress but maybe not a group one horse any reason change your mind.

Dont be shocked Darren,I’ve gone through the Golden Jubilee umpteen times now and nothing has shown the improvement this filly has,I remember the day I met up with Ginge and Joni at Newbury last year,she was my banker bet over at Newmarket when she won off a mark of 91,to end the season on 113 and beating ‘Soul’ put her right on the edge of Group 1 company,I believe she will come on again this year and a fit filly on Thursday wont fear any of the Duke of York field some of which are also Royal Ascot entered and most of which are totally exposed sprinters.As to why the likes of

Cristoforo Colombo

is entered in the 6f Group 1 surprises me as he wants at least a mile and will eventually step up to 11/4m not down in trip.No doubt there will be some foreign invaders but I like to find one of ours to put it up to these challengers and in

Mince

we have one,particularly as she really doesn’t mind what the ground is either.We’ll see on Thursday if she is a Group 1 filly in the making.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.