The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

5.35 Hereford

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I heard very good reports about this horse last year in ireland when Trained by Willie Burke. The horse made 1 start at the Punchestown Festival and made an ejit of himself by tipping Colman Sweeny 3 times at the start and then swallowing his tongue which isnt his fault suppose. Paul Barber has moved him across to Paul Nicholls and this horse could be a serious contender in the Sun Aliiance Hurdle at cheltenham. I know its early but this is a very decent animal.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I’ve gone for some each way thievery with Scholar King. Got it in an each way patent wth a 15/2 place and 8/1 place.

Good luck with that Irish I’m only expecting a place :biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Double :(

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I wouldn’t put that do to a bad run just yet, the winner could be quite decent and My Condor will strip alot fitter for the ran as he was completely running away with Ruby 2 out but just didnt get home.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Still looked very green or temperamental. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

I backed My Condor despite the message I received which was that it should win as it would be in a different league to the rest of the field but he is a "a headcase" so care needed.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Quote: from trackside528 on 11:40 pm on Sep. 28, 2006[br]looked to have a mind of its own today though…

<br>Impossible to draw that hard and fast conclusion from one race. The favourite settled beautifully, came to challenge on the bridle and simply couldn’t get past the winner. That can be attributed to one of three things: lack of fitness; lack of application or, quite simply, that the winner is a better horse.

Only time will tell.

Edit: I forgot that another option is that My Condor may have some form of physical ailment impairing his performance. That’s what happens when you post just before going to bed!<br>

(Edited by yquem21 at 9:25 am on Sep. 29, 2006)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The way it was running around and the fact that the rider hit the horse around 6 times in the final furlong and a half suggests to me the horse wasn’t tired.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

There is always a risk backing embryo hurdler/chasers in bumpers.My Condor was the most likely winner but the price was way too short.Anyone who took the really short prices on betfair(inrunning) needs their head examined.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

At the recent stable open day this horse was unruly even in the parade and had 2 stable lads leading it around. <br>It was described as ‘needing to learn a great deal but could be a Royal Sun Alliance prospect’.<br>Dont think part owner ‘Harry the Dog’ would have lumped on yesterday though.<br>McCoy was bullish on atr yesterday regarding the chances of his horse winning and if it were not for the fact that it was Rubys only ride surely even money at best. I left the race alone.<br>

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Not a very auspicious hurdles debut today by My Condor at Taunton,strongly ridden from a long way out and finishing tailed off last.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

BBC looked on the mark when they siad this morning:

"My Condor will be a very short-priced favourite for his hurdling debut in the 1440 and should win. But beware of taking too short a price as he looked temperamental at Hereford and could turn out to be a horse to avoid."

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Isn’t it obvious why he wanted to trail in last?

He’d decided from the outset that "nothing should disturb that Condor moment". :biggrin:

<br>(possibly not one for any Forumites under the age of about 25, that….)

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.