The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 749 through 765 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Cliffs Of Moher another impressive backend maiden winner. Galileo/Dansili cross so at first glance you might expect him to stay well but he showed plenty of pace yesterday and the dam didn’t race beyond 7f. It seems likely a Guineas trial will be the first stepping stone.

Today’s Criterium de Saint Cloud looks a trappy race. Capri has looked something of a slow boat to me and he looks plenty short enough. I would sooner take a chance on Waldgeist who could well take a big step forward given a greater test of stamina.

Interesting that Promise To Be True is dropped back in trip to take on the colts.

Participant
    • Total Posts 237

Good shout Stilvi :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7845

Well done Stilvi.

A shame Capri not win

Any views on 2yo maidens last week at Nottingham i thought TARTINI won quite well should be a nice sort.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

Interesting that Promise To Be True is dropped back in trip to take on the colts.

She ran ok over an inadequate 7F trip getting 3 lbs from the colts. Still has a lot of filling out to do yet, and no doubt will be much better over further. 😉

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Thanks both, it is about only thing I have got right this weekend.

Darren, the Gosden/Strawbridge 2yo I will be keeping an eye out for is the one I mentioned earlier, Utmost. The second and third have now subsequently won Newmarket maidens.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Well done Stilvi you were so right about Capri and the two Frankel colts have bowed out of the season with question marks, although it depends on how they winter, both have had a tough campaign this season.

Would like to give a heads up to the 2yo gelding Count Calabash who won in style at Newmarket yesterday for Paul Cole’s yard. Big strapping son of Big Bad Bob, he stood out head and shoulders in paddock parade and went to post well ridden by Jim Crowley. One for the notebooks, I think he’ll come back and pick up a few Listed or possibly Group races next season.
    Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

The proximity of taj mahal to the winner suggests its not great form. Also the ground conditions mean I’d wait to see the likes of Capri on decent ground before judging them. Thunder snows win and rivet before that only goes to show that Churchill looks the best 2yo. Could be we have a lightly raced horse like harzand comes through next year and cliffs of moher looks a good shout to follow next season. Yet another group one for Galileo. I wonder what the fee will be next season.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

I have been really happy with how Lancaster Bomber has progressed since I gave him a mention during the summer. I didn’t for a second though think I would see him in The Breeders Cup. I have bet him for the guineas and though I feel there will be one or two to progress beyond him, I hold out hope for a really good season as a 3 year old.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Given the wide draw a pretty impressive performance from Oscar Performance. Not sure about 3yo turf programme in US but according to today’s Racing Post some talk of Royal Ascot.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7845

My horse’s to follow next year are maiden winners or just maidens

CRACKSMAN

Won well on debut beat a stablemate who had a run already way he finish race was very impressive and talk of him going for 1m2 conditions race next year.He not in derby but get the feeling that race be target if win dante feel be heading there.Out of Frankel 2yos this one excited me most.

CROWNED EAGLE

Got off the mark at 3rd time of asking got a easy lead but won in very good style ran a race full of promise on debut but not go on from that on 2nd start.He looks like a 1m4 be within range

SHUTTER SPEED

Won her debut at Yarmouth beating horses who had already a run.She won in good style only thing is think yard have stronger oaks horse in CORONET.But she can be a horse to follow.

GOD GIVEN

She was behind Shutter Speed at Yarmouth with her being by Nathniel she improve over the winter and when you think how Nathniel improve at 3 compare to his 2yo form.She improve when up to 1m4 she could be the darkhorse for oaks and other 1m4 races next year.

CRYSTAL OCEAN

Only ran once for Stoute and ran well to be 2nd was fav for race but they normally come on for the run but show a lot of promise on debut.Can see having a season like ULLYSESS next year like that one had one start at 2.And look a smart in the making.

SPORTING TIMES

Had one race was 2nd to a Stoute horse that already had a run.This horse releated to Sir Percy and Times up so to run well at 7f on debut very good by him and 3rd was miles behind he looks a early contender for leger next year.

Irish horses i like

RAIN GODDESS

She won at 50/1 on debut for David Watchman and will be going to O’Brein be very intresting where she fit into pecking order.But doubt she be ready for 1000 guineas so maybe see best of her over middle distances.

ANEEN

Was behind Rain Goddess on debut but made up on next start where she travel really well and won the race easy she looks a high class prospect.Though shock no 1000 guineas entry

TITUS

Won on debut for Dermot Weld after win he being talk of going to a derby trail and looks to be Weld horse for derby

VENICE BEACH

Ran behind Titus on debut and think way he run would turn form around next time. even though was 2nd a early season maiden should be easy for him.Before derby trails await for him

SIR JOHN LAVERTY

Won well on 2nd start need the run on debut and now 3rd in the betting for derby you get the feeling he go Ballysax and Derringstown route and while Capri my derby horse for AOB.This run i feel be main danger to him from the AOB horses

CLIFFS OF MOHER

Won very well he bolted up other day 2nd was 5L away and a gap to the 3rd as well i think he be one for French guineas i doubt he take on Churchill for Newmarket.While Churchill be a middle distance next year.This one can go the route
    THE GURKHA did this year.

Any views and what you guys horses to follow

CRW
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

Interesting debutant in Chantilly this morning. Terrakova. Daughter of Goldikova out of Galileo for Freddy Head. Hope she goes well

felicity
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8

Terrakova won easily and looks a lovely middle distance filly for next year. :good:

Earlier on the card Andre Fabre’s Aim True, Galileo x Lahinch, won his debut from, among others, his stablemate, Coolmore’s Jeux (Dansili x Gagnoa). Both of these were April foals and could be expected to progress nicely next year.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Are the races viewable anywhere?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

Terrakova
    <iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nboX7WP_Qis?feature=oembed&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” width=”1170″ height=”878″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>

Aim True

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/G9GyT1ip0zQ?feature=oembed&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” width=”1170″ height=”878″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Terrakova
    <iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nboX7WP_Qis” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aim True

<iframe width=”640″ height=”360″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/G9GyT1ip0zQ” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, I had just assumed they were on grass.

Two very different races. The fillies were five seconds quicker. That might have helped Terrakova as the further they went the better she looked. To my eyes she looked more of a Diane type rather than Poulisches. That said at this stage perhaps the potential French opposition in the mile Classic doesn’t look that strong unless of course you assume Senga should have won the Boussac.

Despite the much slower time Aim True might be just as promising. A stronger pace would probably have suited him. He showed a nice change of pace and looked value for more than the winning margin.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

They won’t embed for some reason ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

My horse’s to follow next year are maiden winners or just maidens

CRACKSMAN

Won well on debut beat a stablemate who had a run already way he finish race was very impressive and talk of him going for 1m2 conditions race next year.He not in derby but get the feeling that race be target if win dante feel be heading there.Out of Frankel 2yos this one excited me most.

CROWNED EAGLE

Got off the mark at 3rd time of asking got a easy lead but won in very good style ran a race full of promise on debut but not go on from that on 2nd start.He looks like a 1m4 be within range

SHUTTER SPEED

Won her debut at Yarmouth beating horses who had already a run.She won in good style only thing is think yard have stronger oaks horse in CORONET.But she can be a horse to follow.

GOD GIVEN

She was behind Shutter Speed at Yarmouth with her being by Nathniel she improve over the winter and when you think how Nathniel improve at 3 compare to his 2yo form.She improve when up to 1m4 she could be the darkhorse for oaks and other 1m4 races next year.

CRYSTAL OCEAN

Only ran once for Stoute and ran well to be 2nd was fav for race but they normally come on for the run but show a lot of promise on debut.Can see having a season like ULLYSESS next year like that one had one start at 2.And look a smart in the making.

SPORTING TIMES

Had one race was 2nd to a Stoute horse that already had a run.This horse releated to Sir Percy and Times up so to run well at 7f on debut very good by him and 3rd was miles behind he looks a early contender for leger next year.

Irish horses i like

RAIN GODDESS

She won at 50/1 on debut for David Watchman and will be going to O’Brein be very intresting where she fit into pecking order.But doubt she be ready for 1000 guineas so maybe see best of her over middle distances.

ANEEN

Was behind Rain Goddess on debut but made up on next start where she travel really well and won the race easy she looks a high class prospect.Though shock no 1000 guineas entry

TITUS

Won on debut for Dermot Weld after win he being talk of going to a derby trail and looks to be Weld horse for derby

VENICE BEACH

Ran behind Titus on debut and think way he run would turn form around next time. even though was 2nd a early season maiden should be easy for him.Before derby trails await for him

SIR JOHN LAVERTY

Won well on 2nd start need the run on debut and now 3rd in the betting for derby you get the feeling he go Ballysax and Derringstown route and while Capri my derby horse for AOB.This run i feel be main danger to him from the AOB horses

CLIFFS OF MOHER

Won very well he bolted up other day 2nd was 5L away and a gap to the 3rd as well i think he be one for French guineas i doubt he take on Churchill for Newmarket.While Churchill be a middle distance next year.This one can go the route
    THE GURKHA did this year.

Any views and what you guys horses to follow

Hi Darren..Just going back over old posts last year and saw that you put up these horses to follow into their new season, not sure how they have faired through the winter but will be interesting to see how they get on this year.
    All have high profile Group entries with the exception of God Given and Sporting Times. :good:

I’m biding my time until The Craven Meeting at Newmarket next week when I will have 3 days to hang around the paddock and try to find a few good horses to follow this year and especially the two year olds, as, who knows, the winner of next years Derby/Oaks could be running in his/her maiden in the next few weeks and it could well be at Newmarket :yahoo: ..Good luck for the season Darren :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 17 posts - 749 through 765 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.