The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

It’s a chalky soil at Newmarket, so can’t see Rhododendron or Hydrangea doing well today.

:-)

Well, I can’t get them to grow on my calcareous soil. 😉

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

It may not have been the best of races but I was quite impressed with Zainhom in today’s York opener. He was sweating and raced very keenly throughout yet still seemed to have plenty in the tank running through the line. He is clearly still pretty raw and would almost certainly need to settle better if upped in class. It might actually be in his best interests to draw stumps but given the owner’s poor season he might be looking for another run. Given his Street Cry/Storm Cat pedigree you wouldn’t have thought the softening ground would have been a plus. The dam won over six furlongs on debut but didn’t achieve a great deal when raised in class over further. Zainhom shapes as if a mile shouldn’t be a problem.

Will be watching out for him today. 8/1 doesn’t seem overly generous given the mediocre stable form.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Will be watching out for him (Zainhom) today. 8/1 doesn’t seem overly generous given the mediocre stable form.

I’d add Rodaini to that for the same reason.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 986

Thank you so much Coronet :rose: , you saved my day.
    Well done, Frankie!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

Well, I can’t get them to grow on my calcareous soil. ;-)

[/quote]

🙂 🙂 🙂

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

It may not have been the best of races but I was quite impressed with Zainhom in today’s York opener. He was sweating and raced very keenly throughout yet still seemed to have plenty in the tank running through the line. He is clearly still pretty raw and would almost certainly need to settle better if upped in class. It might actually be in his best interests to draw stumps but given the owner’s poor season he might be looking for another run. Given his Street Cry/Storm Cat pedigree you wouldn’t have thought the softening ground would have been a plus. The dam won over six furlongs on debut but didn’t achieve a great deal when raised in class over further. Zainhom shapes as if a mile shouldn’t be a problem.

Will be watching out for him today. 8/1 doesn’t seem overly generous given the mediocre stable form.

Well 8/1 wasn’t generous as he started 16/1. Basically, he came to win his race but didn’t. I would like to think he is the most talented horse going forward and perhaps he didn’t see out the mile. He didn’t get the golden highway but I doubt that in itself was the difference between defeat and victory.

Coronet did pretty well to win given her inexperience and track position. She will presumably be trained as an Oaks filly. Redicean is a one-paced stayer and if given a totally opposite ride to the one he received today should win his races at a lower level next season.

The York maiden is probably worth a second look. The second and third shouldn’t have much difficulty winning races although the third did hang left.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Some intresting 2yo maidens tomorrow at Yarmouth and at Curragh where Idaho was a winner there last year i hope
    RICH HISTORY can perform better than last time win this maiden.Any views on these races

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

The second division of the mile maiden at Yarmouth looks the most interesting but for me unless you know something these sorts of races are for watching not betting.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

3 maiden races at Nottingham today all look intresting one horse intrest me is CROWNED EAGLE ran a eyecatching debut when 3rd had no room but when he got it he flew he did i expect him to win be put away for year.Even intresting maidens at Kempton tonight as well.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

SHUTTER SPEED was a impressive winner at Yarmouth got nice mention in weekender on gallop reports before debut.Won well she looks about a decent middle distance next year.

SIR JOHN LAVERTY was a runaway winner on maiden to in Ireland i think he end up in France for a group one there looks like more to come from him and my pal Botchy excited by him to.HARIPOUR who is half brother ran decent race to be 2nd looks a stayer for next year

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Don’t forget RUMMANI in the 3.05 Newmarket he’s extremely short I only got evens with Paddy Power last night but I was really impressed with him last time out 2nd to Law and Order….only just had time to post this up..expect him to win. :good: :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

SHUTTER SPEED was a impressive winner at Yarmouth got nice mention in weekender on gallop reports before debut.Won well she looks about a decent middle distance next year.

SIR JOHN LAVERTY was a runaway winner on maiden to in Ireland i think he end up in France for a group one there looks like more to come from him and my pal Botchy excited by him to.HARIPOUR who is half brother ran decent race to be 2nd looks a stayer for next year

Well done Darren :good: :good: Great shout.
    I wish I’d have seen your choices yesterday as I’ve just been on a Photography Course and that 5/1 winner was very appropriate. Jac :rose:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Don’t forget RUMMANI in the 3.05 Newmarket he’s extremely short I only got evens with Paddy Power last night but I was really impressed with him last time out 2nd to Law and Order….only just had time to post this up..expect him to win. :good: :good: Jac

Unfortunately, he looked to have a pretty horrible head carriage and once tackled never looked likely to do anything but crumble. I think it was a race worth a second look. Cape Byron won very well and his win was a nice boost for Utmost who appeared to outstay him at Leicester. Paradise Lake might eventually be the one to take out of today’s race. Having been very slowly away Moore didn’t appear to do much more than sit on him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Unfortunately, he looked to have a pretty horrible head carriage and once tackled never looked likely to do anything but crumble. I think it was a race worth a second look. Cape Byron won very well and his win was a nice boost for Utmost who appeared to outstay him at Leicester. Paradise Lake might eventually be the one to take out of today’s race. Having been very slowly away Moore didn’t appear to do much more than sit on him.

Thanks Stilvi I followed him blind from seeing his run against Law And Order but the form of that race doesn’t seem to be working out. Will take some time to look at the race in more detail especially Paradise Lake and make a few adjustments to the notebook.
    Wish I could have been at the meeting to see them all in the paddock and going down but couldn’t make it this year. Going to take some time to study the replays of this particular meeting. Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

3 of the supposedly best Varian 2 year olds are running in the first 3 races at Newbury. They look interesting races to watch.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Quite a promising performance by Titus at Leopardstown. Perhaps didn’t quicken clear as looked likely but the win never looked in much doubt. Plenty of scope to improve over the winter and probably one to look out for in a 10f trial next season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Quite a promising performance by Titus at Leopardstown. Perhaps didn’t quicken clear as looked likely but the win never looked in much doubt. Plenty of scope to improve over the winter and probably one to look out for in a 10f trial next season.

I agree and he’s named like a derby winner. Magnificent looking colt, one of the best two year olds I’ve seen this year and connections were almost drolling about him afterwards.

However the second was closing on him rapidly at the line and is a half brother to Danedream, so he’s very interesting in the derby betting as well.

The filly who won the previous race also looks very good, White satin dancer, she must be a potential oaks filly as she’s stoutly bred on the dam side and looks small and nippy, so likely to take to epsom. throw in a high cruising speed and she seems to have everything.

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.