The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 715 through 731 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Think it’s encouraging for Wuheida she was able to win there for her 1,000 guineas prospects as Newmarket should suit her, she seems a galloping type. Unfortunately you do have to include the rider that it’s Godolphin and their record of getting horses ready for classics is pretty awful in recent years.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Charlie Appleby said afterwards that he sees her as an Oaks filly rather than a Guineas filly, though I guess it doesn’t rule out starting her off in the Guineas. But it’s as you say, she’d be long odds to make it to a Classic next year, let alone win it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Yes Sunspangled although if they think that they should run her in the 1000 in any case. If she stays on and finishes third or fourth that would hardly be a disgrace and running at Newmarket is never a bad way to trial for Epsom. I actually think she’d have a great chance in the 1000 as she has a nice, raking stride on her and a good temperament. Probably there would be one or two too quick for her in that but who knows? Sobetsu runs this weekend in the fillies mile and is the ante-post fav so it looks like Godolphin have a strong hand with two year old fillies.

Freediver in the first at leicester today is interesting.

The favourite is a full sister to Galileo gold but at the odds I’d rather back the Stoute filly who’s record at this track, particularly with two year olds, is very impressive.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Very impressive win for Godolphin’s Dreamfield in a maiden at Nottingham earlier.

However on the video he looked quite muscular and he looks a sprinter to me- even if he is bred to get further on the dams side- I’m not sure if the guineas would really be his target although if he did get the trip he would be very interesting on that showing.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2478

doyle said after ‘all speed and stick to the six for the time being’,Time works out just about 3L quicker than Div2 won by Dark Power

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I would quite like Battaash at big odds in the Cornwallis. Unfortunately, he has been reunited with a 10lb penalty. Whatever happens tomorrow he should be even better over a sharper five furlongs.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

This DOUBLE LADY looks intresting who Fabre is bringing over last time he had a runner in race went on to win 1000 guineas which was MISS FRANCE

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

It looks a good race that one Daz.
    Pacos Angel is a fair bit bigger than I expected

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

oops wrong thread

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Today and tomorrow should tell us a lot about where the 2 year old honours go, can’t wait!

Value Is Everything
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Indeed it will. Not sure the fillies will throw up a champion but I’m sure the dewhurst will. Churchill deserves to be favourite but we don’t know how good the opposition is. Hopefully we get a good winner and a worthy guineas fav. Churchill reminds me of giants causeway and if he is going to get beat it’s likely this is the oppositions best chance as he will be much stronger the further he goes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Judging by breeding I’d be doubtful Churhill will get any further than 10f at most, Mickey.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

It’s a chalky soil at Newmarket, so can’t see Rhododendron or Hydrangea doing well today.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 986

Mrs Danvers did it! :good:
    That was a very easy and deserved victory,
    and I’m very glad about her!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

A very impressive win by Mrs Danvers. Battaash can go a fair lick and she had no trouble sitting in behind. As for Battaash if they can iron out the quirks he could still be quite exciting next year. There was always a danger a stiff five might find him out today.

Detroit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10

Away from Newmarket Freddie Head unleashed, at least to my eyes, a very nice Dubawi filly this afternoon at Maison-Lafitte in Ettisaal. Closely related to Tamayuz she was slowly away but soon got to close to the leaders and won very comfortably without in any way being extended. Clearly the result was not unexpected as she went off 2-1 favourite. Definitely one to look forward to next year.
    I am sure that those more IT savvy than me will be able to download the race to the site.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

It’s a chalky soil at Newmarket, so can’t see Rhododendron or Hydrangea doing well today.

🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 715 through 731 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.