The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 477 through 493 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Any chance we could put these endless ego battles to bed and get back to talking about the horses? 😉

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Any chance we could put these endless ego battles to bed and get back to talking about the horses? ;-)

:good:
    Seconded

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I’m giving up betting on two year old races, might as well play the frigging lottery, have cost me a small fortune.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Any chance we could put these endless ego battles to bed and get back to talking about the horses? ;-)

Thirded (?) :good:

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

Forthed !!! :good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Fithed! 😉

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

That’s three times you’ve brought up the Ballydoyle thing, you are a bit hung up on that, aren’t you?
    I’ve noticed that you have nothing good to say about Irish racing, always mickey mouse affairs, not competitive, etc,……. But three (and very possibly four) of the British classics were won by Irish horses this year. Last year, three of the British classics were won by Irish horses. Shame to dismiss the 2yo races where they all learned their craft.

I am just asking if you’re a Ballydoyle fan?. That’s the way it comes across.

Anyone who reads this forum can see that I follow the Irish Racing keenly and put up videos of horses who I think are worth following.

It’s dreaming to think I have something against Irish Racing. I’ve backed two of Aidan’s horses ante post for the classics so that’s hardly a sign of thinking the Irish Racing is rubbish.

I am clearly talking about these group races for 2yo’s where the favourite ends up 2/5 or 1/4 or 1/8 etc. I find that very disappointing to see and we don’t really learn much from them with regards to next year’s Classics.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Put some stuff up then Lads.

I am carrying this effing thread on my back here 😉

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The Moyglare betting is confused and the favourites are flip flopping.

Ryan is on Promise To Be True (One of my ante-post classic bets and Ballydoyle to boot) and Seamie is on original warm favourite Rhododendron.

Earlier it was suggested that Promise To Be True was their Fillies Mile horse, while Rhododendron would go to the Boussac.

It’s eerily similar to Minding and Ballydoyle last year.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Some come on less for the experience perhaps. This does not mean they are less experienced. Think I’ll “crack on” and remain a “rookie” as your answer made little sense!

You have a really condescending way of posting things Steve.

Anyway, congratulations on your excellent season – look forward to reading more about your naps on other forums too.

Sorry but if anything doesn’t make sense, it’s that opening line right there. I am trying to explain thirty odd years worth of observation. I am genuinely sorry if it sounds condescending. I have found looking at horse experience in the way I do to be beneficial in finding future winners. Everyone has a right to see it their own way but I think every horse has to be considered separately.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Think what PC means is they’ve had the same “experience” as in number of runs, it’s just that some do not learn as much from that “experience”. Where as you Steve call “experience” the level of knowledge learnt from races. When the level of knowledge learnt from the same number of runs is rarely the same.

ie Both of you believing you’re disagreeing where as in fact you’re agreeing. It may be best to agree on what the word “experience” means before tearing in to each other. Does “experience” mean number of runs (a la PC)? Or level of knowledge (a la Steve)?

As for myself: I agree with you both. 😉

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

I am carrying this effing thread on my back here ;-)

Think they’re fed up Steve, what’s the point?

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I am carrying this effing thread on my back here ;-)

Think they’re fed up Steve, what’s the point?

I am doing my best to talk about horses. If you look through the thread I have done an awful lot of talking about horses.

I can’t seem to be able to express feelings about a horse’s prospects in a race without somebody taking offence about that fact.

Each assessment is my view on a horse’s prospect but it becomes ridiculously blown out of proportion into some sort of personal attack by me on a horse, a trainer, a racing operation, and even, in a new one for me, ALL of Irish Racing.

There’s some amount of paranoia on this forum.

If you go into a bookies and watch a race, you will see people celebrate a winner with a “Go on you dancer” or “Get In There Lad” but somehow on a forum you can’t do that.

It’s all a wind up and I bet buttons on horses.

I give up, but if Minding wins tomorrow I will just have a wee Matt Chapman “Yee Ha” under my breath in the privacy of my own home.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

I would like to see more of Darren on this Thread and hear some of his thoughts on the 2yo’s that have run this season. He originally started the Thread but has hardly posted here this season. We used to have some good fun discussions about the 2yo’s.

TRF is a real melting pot of characters but some are literally on meltdown, please stop. :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I have opposed Douglas MacArthur with a fun punt on Landfall at 20/1.

2/5 Fav made no appeal and Landfall has a decent line of form having beaten subsequent 5 length winner Exemplar on his last start.

Douglas MacArthur cost a fortune and may be better suited by the mile trip today but based on Examplar’s new rating, there isn’t a fag paper between them on adjusted ratings and Landfall has only had the one start.

Probably blowing against the wind but 20/1 seemed huge at this stage of their careers compared to 2/5.

4.00 Leop Landfall for the crack at 20/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I think the thread has been at a slight disadvantage this year and probably for many more years because of the Frankel ones taking up a lot of post time and rightfully so have a thread of their own.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I think the thread has been at a slight disadvantage this year and probably for many more years because of the Frankel ones taking up a lot of post time and rightfully so have a thread of their own.

Can’t be a bad thread when 20/1 winners come out of it Nathan 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 477 through 493 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.