2019 County Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2019 2019 County Hurdle

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mike007 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

It always seems a bit mad looking at this race Antepost.

Without joking, there are dozens of horses who could I could have on my mind for this, but I have three in particular right now, and though not betting them yet, it wouldn’t take much persuading.

Of those dozens, about two dozen could come from the Mullins yard, but the one I really like is Uradel. I’m a big fan of this horse, and though he finished down the field in The Ladbroke Hurdle at Leapordstown, he wasn’t knocked about, and I think his performance at last years Galway Festival, is the best form to judge him on. The market hasn’t missed him though, and he’s 14’s second favourite.

I’m a big fan of Warren Greatrex, and I think he’s getting better by the year, and Western Ryder could be something of a forgotten horse here. He looks to have been campaigned honestly, just coming up short on a few occasions in strong races. He ran well in The Greatwood, and The Betfair Exchange Hurdle, before being slightly flat behind Global Citizen at Haydock. He had no luck in last years Supreme, and I think he’s better than a 150 horse, and I’d give him a real chance here at 33’s.

Going back to that Ladbroke Hurdle at Leapordstown, the finish was fought out by the JP armada (including Ivanovich Gorbatov, who wouldn’t be out of this either), but it was another JP runner who really caught my eye, in Campeador. His run is worth a second look, very interesting. He’s only had one visit to The Festival, falling at the last when bang there in the 2016 Fred Winter. That wasn’t the only mistake of his career, but he’s looked a better jumper this term, especially over the larger obstacles, which would obviously bring The Grand Annual into the picture as well, certainly on his penultimate run. He’d be high on my shortlist for that, but after Saturday, I can’t get him out of my head for this. It would be interesting to see how the British Handicapper views him, but he surely can’t have anything other than a fair weight, and if I can get a good price NRNB, then I would play immediately. He’s not even quoted at the moment.

I’ll keep it simple for now, and those are the three that appeal most. This will no doubt change once I know the entries.

Early Fancies……

Uradel 14’s
    Western Ryder 33’s
    Campeador N/Q

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Western Ryder taken out of The Champion Hurdle today, which I’m hoping is the green light for this. 40’s with Betfair is worth the risk, even without NRNB.

He won’t be my last lol

Western Ryder 40’s Each Way

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 245

I liked Cut The Mustard for The Betfair Hurdle, and I’m equally as keen for him in this, though not quite keen enough to bet him just yet. I think the 25/1 is fair though. The others I like right now are Ivanovich Gorbatov At 20-1, though he will shorten soon as he is very obvious. That’s not that much use for me, as I don’t want to have an early bet in this.

Just ahead of him I would also give a good shout for Stormey Ireland and Mr Adjudicator.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3160

Been chipping away at Saglawy for this ( currently 25/1 NRNB )

Missed a couple of big pots lately, and safe to say he was given far too much to do at Fairyhouse in December when beaten by Wonder Laish. Even if the UK handicapper never watched WL’s last run :wacko: he will be a few lb’s better off than the winner here.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Very pleased to see Western Ryder at least get an entry, and he’s still the chief hope here.

I still feel Uradel looks a big danger, but thankfully Campeador isn’t there to confuse things for me (he’s now confusing me for The Close Bros).

There’s one horse in there though that I’m really liking, and that’s the “slightly” disappointing Gumball. I can see connections plotting him for this race, they do like it, and they’ve also got an old friend of mine in Sternrubin, who I was delighted with the other day, and has ran well in this before. I’d probably give them a long look if they made it, but trying to stick to one Antepost here.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Gumball out on the All Weather At Kempton tomorrow night, and I’ll definitely be giving him a look. Always happy to see horses given a spin on the AW, and happy that this is his only entry at Cheltenham.

I hadn’t realised he had come down as far in the weights in the space of a year, and bar his poor effort at Newbury, I don’t think he’s been that bad.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

I was happy enough with Gumball tonight. Obviously slightly different test to The County, but it’s not the worst run out I’ve seen, and the victory was a bonus.

I don’t have Western Ryder NRNB, so I’ve taken same stance here with Gumball.

Gumball 33’s EW 5 Places
    Western Ryder 40’s EW

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Normally a race i leave until on the day but i’ve had to have a starter –

Wonder Laish 10/1

Charles has confirmed he’s going this morning and that he’s working well and has a good chance. Won well two runs back and was never put into the race LTO when he drifted and money came for Off You Go.
    Davy will more than likely be on top and this could go off half the price it currently is.

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 175

MOHAAYED and MAGIC DANCER both 33/1 ew

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1093

Ch’tibello ew a tentative pick. Had a wind op at least.

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 319

I backed Leoncovallo at 22/1 EW and Monsieur Lecoq at 10/1 EW here. I backed Leoncovallo for the Betfair Hurdle, unfortunately due to the equine flu he missed that. But I’m still confident he can produce a big run. He is very well handicapped in my opinion, form with Sharjah, Le Richebourgh and Bedrock. Also added Monsieur Lecoq, he is of a similar profile as Sirah du Luc. He certainly can improve once again.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1093

Get in Bello!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.