2018 Wokingham

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2018 2018 Wokingham

This topic contains 29 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Nausered 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Favourite looks tough to beat, but I’ll stick with my Ante-Post pair Foolaad, and Ice Age. I can better those prices today, and have taken 66’s, and 28’s, while I’ve topped up ew at slightly lower odds as well for the 7 Places. Added Growl as win only saver.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

As a note of caution remember Bankable !! :cry:

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’m very rarely confident of anything ever winning a 30 runner handicap? I’ve backed a few to give myself a fighting chance.

Like Bobby I’ve backed Ice Age (e/w) at 25/1. I liked the way he did it last time at Newbury and is 2 pounds better off with Mr Lupton from their March encounter at Doncaster (2 lengths behind). Once he hit form last year, he really did hit form and there’s a chance with the stable flying along that he could still be on the improve. Another each-wayer for me is Major Jumbo at 25/1. You can set your watch by this boy and the booking of Spencer really made my mind up, on a first crack at 6 furlongs this season. My last e/w bet was on Al Qahwa at 40/1 as I really felt he should have won at Epsom and now finds himself in this near the foot of the weights. My win bets have gone on Brian The Snail at 20/1 after a much improved show of 10stone last time out (had a wind op in the winter) and Ultimate Avenue who’s bottom of the handicap and Ed Walker has long thought of as having a big handicap in him.

Brian The Snail 20/1
    Ultimate Avenue 22/1
    Major Jumbo 25/1 (e/w – 6 places)
    Ice Age 25/1 (e/w – 6 places)
    Al Qahwa 40/1 (e/w – 6 places)

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Given a free bet so chucked it on Growl at 16/1.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

I’ve taken an old favourite of mine in Growl at 16/1. He can be
    an in and out horse, but in a big handicap like this, this is definitely his thing. I’ve gone
    double handed as it wouldn’t surprise me if Danzeno did better than last year’s
    5th. 20/1 was too big in my book, I’d be surprised if he’s not in the places
    at least.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Well done winners of that.

Major Jumbo’s place saves me.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Anyone have the winner?

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Oh well, my 1-2 were 2-3

2/1 was silly I suppose but I took 4/1 and it nearly happened.

Hard lines anyone waiting for a few bob there. There is always something that saves the bookies.

Major Jumbo ran really well and came over from his high draw to get third. Nice run at 28/1 and it’s been a decent meeting for me.

That’s it for me on the Forum. I am retiring to work with fundraising and fostering for Cats Protection.

Some nice moments on the forum, some nice people and some nastiness here and there. Typical forum really.

Be lucky and may you be healthy moving forward. Bye :cry:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

I think i just saw some tumbleweeds roll through this thread Ginge :unsure:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Good luck with your endeavours at CP Steve. They are a good charity and do a lot of good work. Thanks for your considered posts on TRF.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

Steve that sounds like a very decent thing to get involved in, very best of luck.
    I hope you mean you are just taking a sabbatical :unsure:
    I very much enjoy reading your take on things in general, you put a lot of work
    and thought into it. I’d miss the craic with you and some of the TRFers, it’s not
    for the feint hearted at times, but the forum is definitely all the better for it.
    Take a break by all means, but don’t desert us mate :good:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

I’ll miss you, Steve. :rose:

value is everything
    Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

Steve, you can be prickly but you sure know your stuff and your posts are always an entertaining as well as informative read. You’ll be sorely missed.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Thought Doyle was too busy trying to belt the horse instead of riding him forward which caused the horse to drift further and further left.
    If he had corrected the horse and then driven again he may have won.

All the best Steve and enjoy.

Nausered
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 598

I’ve been on holiday for a week. I’m bloody glad I agreed to go now after watching all of the races this morning on replay. The 8-1 on Sergi was useless… The only other bets of the week before I left was Dreamfield in this, and Battash, singles and a large double. Damn you Jim Crowley. :negative:

If I had been here, I doubt I’d have had a single winner all week. Had a right touch there!

That’s a shame Steve, can’t you do both?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.