The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1217

But surely if he’s been wrapped up in cotton wool for all those years would mean he hasn’t faced the toughest of careers compared with other horses and would still have something to offer in his teens?I don’t know. The way he won the Skybet last year, jumping brilliantly and beating some decent yardsticks suggested he would be competitive this tear but clearly it hasn’t worked out. Channon has done reasonably well with his small jumping cohort, namely Loch Ba, so wouldn’t criticise his training methods, but something is definitely amiss with the horse currently which is a crying shame.

• Total Posts 1217

But surely if he’s been wrapped up in cotton wool for all those years would mean he hasn’t faced the toughest of careers compared with other horses and would still have something to offer in his teens?I don’t know. The way he won the Skybet last year, jumping brilliantly and beating some decent yardsticks suggested he would be competitive this year but clearly it hasn’t worked out. Channon has done reasonably well with his small jumping cohort, namely Loch Ba, so wouldn’t criticise his training methods, but something is definitely amiss with the horse currently which is a crying shame.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

My shortlist now reads as..

Roberto Goldback
    Midnight Chase
    Bostons Angel
    Balthazar King

The latter two replacing Join Together (give it a year) and Auroras Encore

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

jessies dream died this morning, following fatl injury on the gallops

vf

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

First Ante post today on Soll was already on my pretty short list ,thought i’d get on before the rush :lol: He travels very well on a flatish track ,can see a big run .

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

First Ante post today on Soll was already on my pretty short list ,thought i’d get on before the rush :lol: He travels very well on a flatish track ,can see a big run .

He won’t make the cut.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

jessies dream died this morning, following fatl injury on the gallops

vf

:cry: r.i.p

GE was on the Betfair preview saying he’d had loads of injuries and was difficult to get right.
    My condolences to connections.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

He won’t make the cut.

Of course he will there won’t be a full strength field this year .

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

He won’t make the cut.

Of course he will there won’t be a full strength field this year .

Interesting thought. Hope your right because I’ve an ante post bet on him at 149/1 with betfair. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Can’t see there being less than 40 runners, but i can imagine it going down to the wire…

• Total Posts 15020

Honeys, I think your Soll bet, going on the average cut off, from previous years, should make it, you’ll be very unlucky if he doesn’t. Good luck.

Both Ninetieth Minute, and Bob Lingo qualified yesterday in Ireland. The only horse who still has to qualify is Odysseas.

Sadly Matuhi won’t be going. Not heard any update on Albertas Run, or Major Malarkey, after their last runs. Hopefully there was no problem with MM yesterday.

Was looking forward to seeing Albertas Run in it, I hope I’m wrong.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

Major Malarkey had his tack removed when they passed hm which always looks ominous ,hopefully just lame . Albertas Run stopped quickly maybe just blew up after a long layoff.
    Still like Tartak his stamina is growing with every run and on a good mark too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Ninetieth Minute & Bob Lingo looked like they qualified in a weak race to me, just the thing people discussed on here when the new rule came out.

• Total Posts 1217

The Irish have a strong hand this year and 2/1 for one of theirs to win is pretty good…I’m leaning towards Prince De BEAUCHENE at the moment, but will wait until the day now as the weather is very temperamental at the moment.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

My. Main fancy is Chicago Grey who will deffo get him given luck in running, Sunnyhillboyis my second best and Any Currency is the dark one for me

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

This is not reliable at all, but I heard that Alberta’s Run has been retired. This came via one of the connections to Champion Court. Apparently, they had a brief chat with Trevor Hemmings post-Ryanair. He said "

that’ll be it for Alberta’s now

".

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

This is not reliable at all, but I heard that Alberta’s Run has been retired. This came via one of the connections to Champion Court. Apparently, they had a brief chat with Trevor Hemmings post-Ryanair. He said "

that’ll be it for Alberta’s now

".

Not the least bit surprised after his run in the Festival. Hope he enjoys retirement. :D

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.