The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Teaforthree should be 100/1 after that, can only see him tiring bad in a National.

• Total Posts 1217

I think he’s one of the most overrated horses in training, what exactly has he achieved to date? Only one win to note in the 4 miler at the festival last season, then getting out battled in the Welsh National.

Great run from Cappa Bleu at Ascot, looks sure to be involved in the National again.

• Total Posts 15020

I’d agree with that Rich, looks like he could you proud……….again.

• Total Posts 1217

Yes Venture, I was sweet on him last year each way and he ran a great race, another year wiser and think he can go better this time. Cut to 16/1 though, possible that the value has gone a bit though.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

The last time PN messed everyone about like this, Sporazene won the County (Rigmorole).

I’d suggest his fancied his fancied runner after Tidal Bay has become the new Rigmarole.

• Total Posts 15020

Did you get on before he was cut Rich?

I’ve added Lost Glory up to 230’s. Not seen since winning at Chepstow in October, he looked half decent that day. Gets in on a decent weight, and knowing connections, I hope his absence since then is to protect his mark, rather than any problems with the horse. Hopefully see him soon.

Chucked a few quid at Quinz as well @ 240’s to 270’s, he paid for all my bets 2 years ago when he won the "Racing Plus" chase, and I see he’s entered up again on Saturday. Every chance he’s completely gone after his problems picked up at Aintree in 2011, and last years runs were abysmal. It’s extremely unlikely, but a good run on Saturday would be very nice. "Leap of Faith" doesn’t even begin to cover it :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 1217

Unfortunately not, I usually bet ante post on the race late Feb once I have an idea on who’s running, will probably wait until the day now, 16/1 is no kind of price.

I’m pleased however that I’ve got Calgary Bay at 66s. Henrietta Knight always thought he had it in him to win a race of this magnitude and I think Channon can get him ready. Just a question of whether he can stay as his jumping is pretty good.

• Total Posts 15020

Unlucky Rich, missed some nice prices on some horses for Cheltenham, kicking myself. Hopefully Calgary will give you a run at a price.

• Total Posts 1217

The way that Khyber Kim ran after a mammoth lay off offers some hope for Quinz on Saturday, but its a tough ask. Horses for courses and all that though!

Wyck Hill is favourite for that race and after Katenko has franked the form no end since December, he looks a very good horse. 3/1 against some decent rivals is not my idea of value, but should he run well then he’d be interesting for the National.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Unfortunately not, I usually bet ante post on the race late Feb once I have an idea on who’s running, will probably wait until the day now, 16/1 is no kind of price.

I’m pleased however that I’ve got Calgary Bay at 66s. Henrietta Knight always thought he had it in him to win a race of this magnitude and I think Channon can get him ready. Just a question of whether he can stay as his jumping is pretty good.

Calgary is one of the best looking horses in training Rich, but what makes you think there is any chance at all of him staying?

Never run to form in 7 attempts beyond 3m. Two wins at 3 miles came in good and good-soft ground, so even his 3 mile form didn’t need a great deal of stamina.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1217

Calgary is one of the best looking horses in training Rich, but what makes you think there is any chance at all of him staying?

Never run to form in 7 attempts beyond 3m. Two wins at 3 miles came in good and good-soft ground, so even his 3 mile form didn’t need a great deal of stamina.

I did say "if he can stay" Ginge, I realise his form is patchy at best over 3m, but If Henrietta thought he could stay the trip, and she was a pretty good judge, then that’s good enough for me. If Elsworth can get him into a good rhythm like he did in the Skybet Chase last year, then he can maybe creep into contention. The odds reflect his chances of course, but being a sentimental bugger, I couldn’t resist a few quid each way. :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

On His Own is as low as 8/1 for the race after a somewhat surprise win in a grade 2 hurdle race at Navan. Obviously Thousand Stars ran an absolute shocker in that race at 1/2 Fav and was tailed off in last place. Still a mean scalp for a horse whose main aim is the Grand National.

8/1 is too skinny though.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

• Total Posts 15020

Another of mine, Outlaw Pete, scratched today.

He won’t be the last :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Wyck Hill is usually an exceptional jumper and couldn’t jump a twig yesterday. Heard he’s had 8 stitches and very sore today. Presumably it happened at the first fence. It’s also possible he needs to lead or dispute it to show his best; but at least there’s a relevent excuse. Hopefully Wyck Hill can recover in time for Aintree. May be put away for next year, but unlikely to be so well handicapped in 2014.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Calgary bay

should go for this years ‘Topham’,he’ll jump round fine but there is far less emphasis on stamina and connections felt 41/2m was pushing it last year.As for this ‘Wyck Hill’ some might say he and AP didn’t get on!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

JP buying Wyck Hill. Does that mean he’s no confident in his other runners :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

today was first forfeit stage, anyone got any news?

vf

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.