The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1217

That’s all of my ante posts out now!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

Thanks for doing this Vf, saves me a lot of time.

no problem iive updated it followiing todays news of defections

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

ive updated the weights and form list, though as said will increase again should imperial commander not run

fingers crossed as my anteposts still in there and still seem to have ok weights

vf

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

Looks good for Soll now number 50 in the list ,last year number 52 got in :)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

With

Lion Na Bearnai

doubtful,

Big Fella Thanks

probably going to the Topham this year and

Wyck Hill

recovering from a minor injury, those are three more that could help you out, HD.

Imperial Commander

obviously very doubtful too.

It’s going to be very tight for Poker De Sivola and Soll.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

I can remember as a teenager getting excited at the prospect of a 50 runner national but alas there were always loads of defections in the last week . Limit wasn’t changed til 84 when the race was opened up to any horse that had won a chase of any kind ,distance or value .

Futurism
    • Total Posts 2

My ante-post bets for the National:
    They were made on the day the weights were released (13th Feb)

Wyck Hill @ 20-1
    (Before the injury, but i still have faith.)

Roberto Goldback @ 33-1
    (Former Grade One winner on decent ground, gone down in the ratings since and been running okay on bad ground recently)

Cappa Bleu @ 25-1
    (Best chance of winning this year, at the weights. We all saw what happened last year and he’ll be right there again)

Quinz @ 66-1
    (I know the form hasn’t inspired much, but he’s also slipped down the ratings and the yard is in decent form. I was delighted with his return at Kempton)

So now i’m hoping and praying :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

The bookies are dodging Colbert Station in the fear that AP takes the ride. 16 is short enough in this race but he will be shorter still on the day, probably single figures. Chicago grey stands out more and more as the weights steadily climb as does On His Own. PdB looks to have too much weight given his recent run in the bobbyjo but I’d rather have tofino bay onside right now in case the going remains soft. Viking blond has very little chance of getting in but if the ground comes heavy and horses pull out he could creep in the bottom of the weights, at which point his 150-300/1 on betfair would look terrific.

• Total Posts 1217

If Viking Blond won the National ill eat my hat…being drawn towards Colbert, has all the hallmarks of a National winner to me.

• Total Posts 190

I’ll probably side with Cappa Bleu again. This horse just coasted round last year, never put into the race and finished 6th I think?

He shouldn’t have too many problems seeing out the trip and if it’s decent ground, can’t see him outside the top 4.

Good return at Ascot recently too.

• Total Posts 1217

Was 4th actually ap, had a decent each way return on him ante post (33/1 I think)…no doubt ill be on him again, even though I don’t think he has the quality to win it, he’ll surely be placed again if getting round safely. All value has gone now though unfortunately.

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

Lol careful Rich, many hats are eaten after the national!
    I’ve been reviewing the NH chase at Chelts today, and have decided that Tofino Bay probably lacks the scope and strength to handle the national fences at this stage. Colbert station and Chicago bay main bets for now.

• Total Posts 1217

True, but the amount of times I’ve seen VB struggling from a mile or so out in his recent races and his sloppy jumping doesn’t bode well for this sternest of tests. I wouldn’t back it at 1000/1 let alone the 66/1 that’s available.

Colbert Station will probably be part of my awesome foursome now along with CB, PDB and OHO.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Is Joncol an intended runner, or is it Nolan entering horses in races he has not intention of winning ?

msercs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

My three against the field are the Ted Walsh pair SeaBass and Colbert Station and I think Swing Bill could run a massive race at 66/1.

Any hope of getting some decent ground at all this year (it is peeing it down as I type in the South West, no snow as yet!)

Martin

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

It has been sunny in Liverpool for the past three days, Martin. I felt a bit silly stepping out wearing my hat and gloves this afternoon!

Good ground could be on the way.

• Total Posts 1217

What a difference 30 miles make, I’m in Wrexham and I’ve never seen snow like it, must be about 10 inches where I am, Bangor on Dee looks like St Moritz!

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.