The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

St Leger 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion St Leger 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1982

I have no idea what Aidan O’Brien has planned for Midas Touch, but he looked a St Leger type when winning the Derrinstown and he ran a very respectful race under the circumtances in The Derby.

I was surprised he didn’t handle Epsom, but Doncaster would be much more to his liking.

"He strikes me as a real St Leger type." Coral obviously agreed and cut the runner-up to 7-2 favourite (from 6-1) for the Doncaster Classic.

~ Colm O’Donoghue RP ONLINE

I said before Epsom this horse was an ideal Leger type (see my preview).

You know it makes sense, Aidan. :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Mikhail Glinka for me got 16/1 missed out on 20/1 :(

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yet again I’ve falled into the trap of backing a potential St Ledger prospect in the lead up to the English Derby, Kite Wood and now Midas Touch.

Going to have to re-evaluate things despite not coming off bad financially in both instances, not sure if my angles are wrong or i’ve been unlucky but on todays evidence he came there with every chance close to the pace througout and didn’t shrug a challenge or drop back to the rest of the field, he werent going away at any stage – is that a St Ledger quality/strength?

We’ll see but i’ve missed the price now, pretty gutting.

Any more detailed thoughts? rather than he said, i said stuff..

Cheers

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Mr Wilson your

Midas Touch

has St Leger written all over him and 9"s is still a plenty! Mikhael Glinka has no chance,he needs every yard of 2m! Rewilding has obvious chances but does not appeal to me! TAPK has the Midas touch and this years St Leger winner is currently 16/1,he has speed and stamina and had the Queens Vase been 1m6f instead of 2m then there was only one winner,

Total Command

,Sir Michael will place this horse accordingly to culminate in a trip to Doncaster in September! :wink:

• Total Posts 10

Rewilding for me at this stage.

Good run at Epsom when didn’t ever seem to happy on the track and stayed on very well to get third. (Probably should have been a clear second).

Trip should not be a problem, but haven’t heard any news if he takes in another race beforehand yet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Mikhail Glinka for me got 16/1 missed out on 20/1 :(

I’ve just got on at 14s, as well as earlier at 18’s, is it me, or is this price just too good to be true??

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

They’d hardly sell a St Leger winner would they?! :wink:

Mikhael Ghlinka gone to Gary Moore’s yard. Rewilding’s a steal @ 9/2 :P

• Total Posts 197

I’m happy to take Theology at 20-1 on Betfair.

I like this horse, I don’t know why, but I’ve already had something very small on the 210s for the Melbourne Cup.

• Total Posts 4293

Take to top.

Still looking for another thread.

Must admit, that Group Ones ain’t my glass of tea, and I still haven’t had a bet.

Going back to the winter, glad that Joshua(‘s) Tree made an encouraging comeback, and that is probably the one I’ll go for on the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Got on Dandino at 16’s after he won Derby day.

Going to get on REWILDING too, oozed class last time out, and should win again.

• Total Posts 140

I really hope Snow Fairy runs as I think she will improve for the step up in trip. Some interesting stats also posted on Nick Mordin’s website regarding Oaks winners in the St Leger

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’d be stunned if she lasted a further 2 1/2f on that breeding. The fillies could also be a total load of rubbish. I’d be very surprised if one of the first 2 in the Voltigeur didn’t win at Donny.

• Total Posts 1046

Agree with Lewey, she’s a class act alright…no shame in failing to overhaul a brilliant Midday, she showed the engine is still there..Mordin’s points (when he’s not being unnecessarily weird) are startling also..

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’ve just re-read Mordin’s piece on Snow Fairy twice and it makes zero sense. He doesn’t actually give a reason for why fillies do better. He points to the bloodstock bias putting off the top class colts but he says nothing about why fillies stay better.

Also a small point I know but he missed off Look Here from 2008, finished 3rd, makes it 4 from 8.

• Total Posts 1046

Basically saying Oaks winners are well up to the task, non?

• Total Posts 23

I think that Rewilding has a fantastic chance of repeating last years success for Godolphin, after a bloodless success in the Voltigeur.

However I really like the way

Joshua Tree

travelled and then when he was asked to go he stayed on really well, and he should improve alot for what was his first run in almost a year.

sovies friend
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

I’ve noticed that only JJM Sports has Picked the winner out come on Dandino.

Oh Danny boy the post the post is calling from starting stalls and doen the closing straight the summers here and how you are flying Oh Danny boy I love you so !!!

Got him at 6 to 1 after Goodwood if he hadn’t hit a patch of dead ground down the back he would’ve won !!!

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.