The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 403

I can’t see how St Nicholas Abbey under the guidance of such a trainer can’t win a Guineas.

Almost be a Travesty tbh.

Will they really have him fully tuned for this? There are Bigger targets down the road after all and AOB has previous. Even Henry…. improved for the run at Newmarket.

• Total Posts 1511

Doesn’t need to be fully tuned….

80% fit and a bit of a whip action in the final furlong and he should win.

Its a incredibly important race for Breeding purpose this 2000 Guineas…more so than ever before for connections.

I be surprised if they left him short….a good solid prep and then a mid summer break i would imagine.

• Total Posts 403

80% fit would suggest he’d run to about 114 tops. He’ll need to be A1 100% because he’s bred to be better over further. I can’t believe people are prepared to take such short prices about him just two years after New Approach.

• Total Posts 1511

I think the Coolmore boys will steam into this.

They want him to go off short for the stud book win or lose. 8/11 come the day after a few kind words from Mister O Brien

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I agree with you Red Riot on the Greenham.

20 years of stats show that you need a horse bred to, eventually, get 1m2f to win the Guineas.

On the figures neither Canford Cliffs nor Dick Turpin have sufficient stamina.

Of the 27 entries there are 7 candidates who fit the profile of a Guineas winner.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics, uh?
    Only 3 of the last 10 Guineas winners

ever

won a race over further than Im, and to suggest such as George Washington and Henrythenavigator were anything more than milers flies in the face of the formbook.
    SNA fans might also figure out the last time AOB won a Guineas with a colt that never raced over less than 1m as a 2yo. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6320

This SNA fanclub thing is getting abit daft really!!
    Personally I think there could be many flies in the ointment!! I have seen too many good things get beat early season every season to steam in to a classic favourite!!
    I shall be looking for the each way value in the race!!
    Maybe something like Awzaan ,Xtension or Hearts of Fire maybe??
    SNA is too skinny for me!!There are gonna be far better 6/4 shots this season!!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Yes New Approach was really a shocker.Why he was beaten the best part of a short head.Or was it nose? Should have learned their lesson.

Participant
    • Total Posts 34

I must say I am very impressed with some of the individuals knowledge and rational in these posts. For me this is the first time I have come across the forum and I find it very informative

one question I would like to pose is which of the runners do you think Moore and Fallon will be abord or is to early to say

• Total Posts 1511

Can u see a ride for them…i can’t see one as i look at the entries.

Moore could hook up with Fencing Master but i doubt Aidan O Brien would Jock of Colm O Donoghue as he is a crack rider.

Wouldn’t be surprised if both don’t have a ride….they certainly will be on the 25/1+ shot as i can see all the main horses have their jockeys

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Good question. What about Frankie? Will he have a ride?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Al Zir

newyork
    • Total Posts 215

A race to savour i think and im looking forward to what should be a good renewal.Its hard enough to get any info from ballydoyle at the best of times but when all is not right it usually gets out.Last yr with both rvw and mcm the vibes were not good and i think labrokes were the longest about both of them which said it all really.I think the fact they have not rushed steinbeck back for this (like they did with rvw last yr)tells a tale that they must be pretty confident about the fav and AOB has trained some fast guineas winners kok and gw to know if this fella has the speed for that race. Someone mention one cool cat and the confidence about that horse,but didnt he get pulled up after 3 furlongs??? they was no way he would of stayed a mile anyway.

• Total Posts 629

Is there any coincidence in the re-found support for ‘Canford Cliffs’ after this headline by Nick Mordin?

POSTED ON APRIL 20, 2010
    TREMENDOUS GUINEAS TRIAL BY CANFORD CLIFFS

And also the lack of support for ‘Elusive Pimernel’ due to this from via the same author?

POSTED ON APRIL 20, 2010
    ELUSIVE PIMPERNEL NEEDS TO DO A LOT MORE

I wonder?! :lol:

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

In relation to the points about the breeding of SNA, being a very close relation of Ballingarry I cannot see him being a crack miler. I would imagine we will see the best of him at 10f – 12f distances. I think his price is too short, there is much better value on offer.

JohnJ.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Ryan Moore will be on Dick Turpin. Come on guys thats an obvious one!

• Total Posts 638

Don’t go along with the theory that SNA will only be 80% fit, or whatever, due to there being big prizes later in the season. A Montjeu Guineas winner is worth far more than a Montjeu Derby winner (relatively common)and the stable along with its brilliance likes to create valuable stallions.
    This is

the

race for SNA …personally I have backed Canford Cliffs …last season and also after the Greenham but don’t have SNA on my side only because I missed the price last year.
    I would be very surprised if anything other than one of those two above won…think they will run first and second.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

This SNA fanclub thing is getting abit daft really!!
    Personally I think there could be many flies in the ointment!! I have seen too many good things get beat early season every season to steam in to a classic favourite!!
    I shall be looking for the each way value in the race!!
    Maybe something like Awzaan ,Xtension or Hearts of Fire maybe??
    SNA is too skinny for me!!There are gonna be far better 6/4 shots this season!!

Couldn’t agree more but should he win the Guineas as well as he won the Racing Post immediate comparisons will be made to Sea the Stars. The media in typical salesman style won’t be able to helpt hemselves….They will ask "Could he be better? and then the hype between now and the Derby will be almost unbearable.

Never ceases to amaze me how punters, including myself, increase stakes and get hammered into class horses in races like the Guineas.

Much easier to find a 6/4 shot in a bad novice hurdle where 80% of the field can hardly raise a gallop.

Compare that to the 2000 Guineas where everything is off for it’s life and it basically sums up what you are saying :- We’re all ih the runnning for a free ticket to the local loony bin :P

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.