The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2 deaths at Newton Abbott

Home Forums Archive Topics 2 deaths at Newton Abbott

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

And we have only had 2 races!

In the2nd the Winner Its the Limit ridden by Mr McCoy suffered a serious leg injury pulling up, and in the 2nd race Phillip Hobbs Red Society broke a leg….. do you think we can get to the end of the card without loosing anymore? Just watched the race that Deep Purple won and one pulled up wrong in that…..I am starting to hate summer jumping, bring back the proper seasons….

Just to update you, I think Richard Lee’s Southerndown might not be going home, he took a horrendus fall in the Conditionals chase… what a day!! (He was still on the floor, but I have to go and do my horses now)

RIP lovely horses

(Edited by racinggirluk at 3:39 pm on June 11, 2007)<br>

(Edited by racinggirluk at 4:13 pm on June 11, 2007)

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Yes, the lovely Soudtherndown was another fatality. how sad is that at 14 years old, one of my favourites too & would have won the race, RIP all of them

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 586

I think the meeting there on Thursday passed without serious equine incident but it`s been a very warm dry weekend – unfortunately the summer jumps tracks tend to be the speedier circuits even before the ground gets baked

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

The only one I had been aware of was Southerndown. Old timer fell at the last when coming to win, and a collection of three w*nkers in the shop (who had backed Ebony Jack, the horse he left in front) actually cheered! I have never been so happy as when Ebony Jack was beaten on the line just seconds later.

It’s also a shame about It’s The Limit. He won in decent style (allowing for the fact that it was a seller), staying on gamely under a patented McCoy ride.

Condolences to the connections of all three horses.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.