The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

15:15 Leicester

Home Forums Horse Racing 15:15 Leicester

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4187

https://www.racingpost.com/news/reports/people-are-within-their-rights-to-be-angry-apprentice-jockey-banned-for-28-days-after-easing-up-and-being-caught-on-the-line-abMnZ2X7pD3B/

No matter if he’s only ridden ten times in public, you still have to keep the horse going to the line.
    Backed into 7/4 favoritism makes matters even worse, especially for the owners’ syndicate.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 837

Blimey, I was a punter on that, Id be rather unhappy. 28 days dont seem enough to be honest, maybe he should not have looked at the big screen.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8972

£8,315 matched at 1.01 on Betfair.

I suppose it has happened before and will happen again but it still doesn’t make it right.

No doubt he is feeling horrendous but he can’t have any complaints about the penalty. What he did was unacceptable. He has to take it on the chin and learn.

All I will say is there was another case recently where a higher profile jockey received no ban after the stewards believed his cock and bull story. It wasn’t an identical case and maybe it wasn’t quite as bad. But the perception is it is easier for the stewards to throw the book at an apprentice.

Punters of Ahoy Senor at Aintree yesterday were arguably not well served by the jockey either.

worzelwaywardlad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 206

And I do hate it when the trainer turns round and says “at the end of the day he’s an apprentice”. What difference does that make? To me it should have the opposite effect, insomuch that you don’t want to make mistakes so you may ride out the horse more than you should, especially if you’re trying to impress and pick up outside rides.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8972

Here is the race. The jockey can have no excuses – it is as bad as it gets:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.