The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

your banker of the festival? Cheltenham 2013

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks your banker of the festival? Cheltenham 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Hunt Ball for the Byrne Plate is too tempting, my banker.

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Module in the Jewson.

Managed to get a bit of 12s.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Our Conor, Triumph Hurdle.

• Total Posts 1217

Are these just tips, or bankers? Bankers are usually nailed on, you put your mortgage on etc etc, so something like SS or Quevega, not double figure odds like For Non Stop or Our Conor… :?

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Err, Rich, Our Conor is disputing favouritism for the Triumph is he not?

Far enough if you may think that about Module, but this horse is 3rd favourite and at the centre of many of my accas, so I must fancy it pretty strongly to put my money where my mouth is.

I suppose I should mark it maybe as my ‘value bet’ because it was a double figure price but I think it’s a pretty good thing.

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Also, on the RP media site, various RP scribes are putting forward their bankers, blowouts and ew’s.

Haven’t seen any thus far nominating SS, Simonsig, Quevega et al.

• Total Posts 1217

Ok OC isn’t double figures but wouldn’t describe him banker material however…I just think the horses put up so far are more naps rather than bankers as such, fair enough if you’re confident about a decent priced selection but the term banker to me is something shorter priced where all things considered should win.

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

I definitely take your point, Rich.

Participant
    • Total Posts 89

Ok, so following on from previous posts, my best bet at the festival would be Captain Conan in the Jewson. Don’t think he was fully wound up at Sandown and Nicky will have him spot on for his big day!

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Agree with rich. Can’t have a long priced banker…

MTOY for me. Ok it’s a bad race for short prices but the form is as bombproof as u can get. Stand to reason with so mnay seasoned runers that at least some of the field ran to their marks which puts MTOY in a clear strong place

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

why can’t you have a long-priced banker? i’m confused :?

is it because you might win too much money? :shock:

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

My banker for this year is Bob’s Worth in the Gold Cup. Can’t see anything beating him this year, but if it comes to that, I would seriously consider Silviniaco Conti, the most underrated contender in the race.

My personal favourite for the festival though is Balthazar King. Although the Cross Country Chase is not every one’s cup of tea, it is one of my personal favourites to watch. A very underrated race, with little to no recognition.

Watch out for the Hobb’s team at the festival!

• Total Posts 1217

You can have a long price nap or best bet by all means, but a banker to me is something that is almost nailed on to win. Therefore something like SS, who is head and shoulders above his 2 mile chase rivals, and is priced accordingly (1/2 or whatever). If you think For Non Stop has a good chance go for it, but you can hardly call it the banker of the festival.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Are these just tips, or bankers? Bankers are usually nailed on, you put your mortgage on etc etc, so something like SS or Quevega, not double figure odds like For Non Stop or Our Conor… :?

Our Conor is 3/3 in Juvenile Hurdles, winning the Grade 1 contest at Leoprdstown last time out, the race that providing the subsequent Triumph Hurdle winner last year. Out of Jeremy, should be better on good ground too. Backed him at 16/1, he is now the 4/1 favourite.

• Total Posts 1217

Perhaps OC wasn’t the best example, but certainly wouldn’t call him a banker for the Triumph.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

maybe I should have said "best bet" of the festival then :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Our Conor is 3/3 in Juvenile Hurdles, winning the Grade 1 contest at Leoprdstown last time out, the race that providing the subsequent Triumph Hurdle winner last year. Out of Jeremy, should be better on good ground too. Backed him at 16/1, he is now the 4/1 favourite.

By Jeremy, but otherwise agree. Tricky race and one i shall consider during the Festival

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.