The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

X Factor

Home Forums General Sports X Factor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

Another betting oppotunity sure to be laughed at by some here but as stated previously I’ve done quite well out of these type of events with BB2 & Pop Idol 1 being 2 of my biggest paydays ever!

I’ve think 2 to go are pretty flawless and have been throughout and sound good, tabby is a gamble as he looks capable of throwing in a bad one. G4 sound crap and belong in a church, only a matter of time before everyone agrees that every song they sing sounds the same!

I’ve got quite heavily involved in this bettingwise once I saw the market as I thought there were a few big ricks in my opinion:

Bets<br>2 to go: 5pts between 11-12/1<br>Tabby: 2pts win 7.8-8/1

Lays<br>G4: 3pts @ 3/1

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Eek Daylight,

I’m on G4 to win, and to be best band!!

I couldn’t help but notice that the audience actually gave them a standing ovation halfway through their song, which they didn’t do to anyone else. Having said that, the overall response since hasn’t been what I thought it would be, and I fear you  may be right that their originality is already waning with the audience.

Of the rest Rowetta and the blind guy have the voice (shame about his friend).  And Steve must have great support already to excuse his performance.

The first acts up were the ones in trouble, which mirrors the last pop idol series (though the judges were obviously putting their weakest up first). Then again I thought Roberta did a great job, (the curse of the pretty female probably explains her showing).

These new voting procedures could well make it tactical before the end.

<br>My other bets placed prior to the show are:<br>Cassie to win her group.<br>Verity to win her group (which is lost money already).

I also took a small beating on the first eviction, but betfair kindly came to my assistance by voiding the market – bless!  

I think I’ll sit tight for a couple of weeks now.

<br>

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

Good ole Betfair to the recue eh tooting!!

I’ll be keen to get on Verity (although I don’t expect her to be above evens) to go this week and don’t know why gobbie Roweta is favorite as she’ll soon become untolerable (will lay when she’s even shorter).<br>

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Correct DL, I’m laughing, hope you will be laughing for different reasons :biggrin:

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

‘He who laughs last, laughs longest’      DL=:laugh:

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

Got involved heavily tonight as I think any of the groups could go tonight, hoping my initial bets of 2 to go can make me some money tonight by not going and hope G4’s Britteny was odd enough to see them out??

Topped up on 2 to go at 1pt @ 32.1

Tonight’s eviction:<br>Lay 5pts 1.51 2 to go<br>5pts win 14.1 G4<br>2 pts win 3.2 Voices with soul

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

I admire your faith Daylight.  Blind faith even.

This hasn’t been a good event for me either so far – though G4 winning best band would see me level.

Personally I think the show should be cancelled as none of them have anything remotely approaching the x factor.

Still, not to worry – "I’m a Celebrity" starts soon…

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

Got my band theory right but the judges didn’t go the way I expected but at the prices I was hoping for a nice payday putting all my eggs in one basket. My only saving grace is I still have Tabby at bigger odds than are on offer at present.

17pts down so far :(<br>

Katy
    • Total Posts 73

Cant believe I have missed this thread for so long, Tabby has been my fave ever since the first time he was on the auditions.  The types of people who vote (kids/ young teenagers) are into rock at the mo (boybands are a big no no).  The bands had no chance from the start, Simon Cowell was right Two 2 go sounded like cocktail bar singers, and how many kids are going to buy CDs by G4.  They were ridiculous the other week doing Oasis!!!

The end will come down to Rowetta and Tabby, and it will be down to the judges who will choose Tabby, as hes the more likely to sell the most records.

<br>Tabby Rocks!!!

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Tabby’s position Saturday was a bit of a surprise – particulalry as it was Steve who had to sing first and didn’t exactly nail his song.

There may be life in this show (and even G4) yet…

Katy, I do hope for rock’s sake Tabby isn’t the future of it (Keith Moon turns in his grave at the thought)!<br>

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Hey this old market has done me proud after all !!

And I stopped watching it weeks ago.  

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

I cashed in on my 2 running bets about 2 weeks ago to finish 12.6pts down :(

Hope G4 wins for you tooting as I just cannot see the attraction with them?????

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Thanks DL.

I had a smaller bet on Steve to win as well. Think I’ll even them both up now, then watch with the final with my feet up, or do something more interesting!

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

I backed the winner :laugh: no matter who it is….

seriously lads this programme stinks but each to their own eh? :biggrin:

Grizzo
    • Total Posts 257

THANK GOD ITS ALL OVER!!!!<br>    STEVE….sing…..errrrr NO WAY…and still won..?<br>      G4…maybe…if i had to pick a result…<br>             More luck on the GG,s<br>p.s.  All the phone voters must be tone …err…WHAT…<br>                            " TONE DEATH"………cant hear you?<br>But i,ll still vote anyways……LOL>again&again…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.