The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Would you follow racing if there was no betting?

Home Forums Horse Racing Would you follow racing if there was no betting?

Viewing 4 posts - 52 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 166

Yes, but I got into it through P2P which has more of a horsey set to it, rather than the betting. I bet on the big races and if I go to a meet, but will generally take a good half an hour or so to have a look at midweek cards and follow the whole thing pretty closely.

I do think that it would be pretty hard for it to survive with no betting however.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Re: Would you follow racing if there was no betting?

Unquestionably. The majesty of the animals engaged (at all levels) and the intrigue of unlocking the conundrums posed by any and all races, will always carry the most weight with me.

After all, I’ve been following the sport since the age of six and a half. Had a long time to wait before betting with my own pounds, pence or Euros was even a consideration, and those early-1980s

ITV Seven

s lost precisely nothing to me for the absence of exchange prices and in-running angles!

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

and those early-1980s ITV Sevens lost precisely nothing to me for the absence of exchange prices and in-running angles!

Quite. And John Rickman used to doff his cap at you. And they dressed properly too.

Plebs nowadays, wouldn’t let them on the course.

Mike

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I did and I do. Have for sixty years.Most people in the business don’t have the money to waste on betting.

Viewing 4 posts - 52 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.