The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Would All Hell Break Loose If……

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Would All Hell Break Loose If……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Turko beats Denman?

The stable’s second string turns over Denman, and I think all hell would break loose. Harry Findlay might do some damage to somebody!

But I can see it happening. Turko shouldn’t be 20/1, and I have to believe the jockey will be all out to win on him.

Cailan Alainn and Ungaro are the others I am looking to oppose Denman with, who I am trying to get sunk after it didn’t live up to the hype last year.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 10:07 am on Mar. 14, 2007[br]Cailan Alainn and Ungaro are the others I am looking to oppose Denman with, who I am trying to get sunk after it didn’t live up to the hype last year.

Thats who i’ve backed against him. I think he would have preferred it a little softer and the drying ground will help ungaro, although he does seem better on a flat track..

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Denman’s the class act in the race and looks well above his rivals.

However …

How often do we say that about a Sun Alliance favourite<br>before seeing him turned over?

Denman just doesn’t look like a typical Sun Alliance winner to me (too classy!) and, at current prices, I’m against him.

Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

<br>Denman has yet to prove he stays this trip.<br>One 3m chase and a 3m hurdle, both which he had won a long way from home, are much different from the test he will face today, and he may be found wanting up the hill once again.

jonny33
    • Total Posts 51

anybody who opposed denman should either buy a formbook or give up gambling

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

That’s a very interesting response Jonny33.

I can give an interesting response back. If you want me to take you seriously, contribute to the thread BEFORE the race. I don’t know if your ego is too fragile to risk being laughed at if you get it wrong, but aftertimers don’t really have the creditability to lecture to others.

wilsonlwilsonl
    Participant
    • Total Posts 860

Nice one FSL.

Untill my wallet is made redundant – not too far off now – I wouldn’t back Denman to bet Snowy Morning again

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Quote: from jonny33 on 6:52 pm on Mar. 14, 2007[br]anybody who opposed denman should either buy a formbook or give up gambling<br>

Jonny

I can claim creeping senility as an excuse for my ignorance – what’s yours?;)

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 10:07 am on Mar. 14, 2007[br]<br>The stable’s second string turns over Denman, and I think all hell would break loose. Harry Findlay might do some damage to somebody!<br>

<br>No joy on this occasion, but please God let Findlay be cursing a defeat for Ouninpohja by 5.30 tomorrow afternoon – I put him up as my one horse not to touch with the proverbial claggy stick this season in a piece for the Sp*rtsm*n back in October, and him winning at Taunton first time was annoying enough….. :sad:

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.