The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

World Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics World Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Game pick, Moehat – I rmeber Powerstation coming 2nd in the Coral Cup a few years back.

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Powerstation will surprise a few imo….I’m on at 50/1!
    Not at all ridiculous to think a big price can sneak into the frame as Punchestowns still has to show he can find enough of the bridle should it turn into a proper slug.
    Big Bucks will stay, but on better ground at what pace? And Fair Along will be about 10lb worse off for a neck beating of Powerstation over c/d in december.

Pretty simple really :wink:

Be very surprised if anything is good enough to beat Kasbah Bliss but got to be worth a look outside the market leaders

• Total Posts 1982

Binocular’s inability to transfer Ascot form to Cheltenham was expected, and I can see Punchestowns struggling in a similar fashion.

Watching Kasbah Bliss and Inglis Drever sprint up the hill last season like it was the end of two miles, and the formers impressive return at Haydock, I find it difficult to see anything beating the Doumen horse.

Big Buck’s would be a huge danger, but Ruby will need to ride the race of his life to produce that one on the line against the experienced and straight-forward French challenger.

KB is the most fluent hurdler in the field and possesses the best turn of foot. Barring incident, I can’t see him getting beat.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Is this race due to be run on the new track which was watered?

If the ground is riding like it has been the last few days the Kasbah Bliss will be hard to beat but Fair Along should go well.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

I’ll be very surprised If Tazbar fails to finish at least fourth.

I feel he’ll at least reverse the 10L defeat to BB in January with the quicker ground and a stronger gallop, albeit on 2lb worse terms, which should put him very near the money in a race not many in the field are capable of winning imo.

A solid e/w run for your shekels I reckon :wink:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

AFter the first two races it would appear the ground has very much levelled things in the favour of punchestowns.

It will interesting to see how Shakervilz and Whatuthink go though out of the bigger prices. Think they may go better than many of the rest but hard to see them having enough improvement for place prospects.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

We’ve now had ew’s on Tazbar, Afsoun and Blazing Baileys; prices too big to ignore [and I’ve added to my Powerstation ew because they pushed the price out even further when I was in W Hills this morning; there’s one born every minute..they saw me coming!].

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Happy enough with that result.

• Total Posts 2440

Big Bucks…

I have to say i didn’t see that coming.

• Total Posts 1982

What a race!

Thought Big Buck’s threw it away at the last, but he actually found a lot for pressure.

Punchestowns is going to be some chaser.

Well done to all who got Powerstation ew.

Kasbah Bliss. Very disappointing. Even when travelling at the back early on he never looked happy. Wouldn’t be surprised it something came up. Even those who didn’t fancy him couldn’t envisage him being that well beaten.

Gutted Kasbah lost, but I had BB in the Cheltenham comp and had a few quid on, too.

• Total Posts 1415

The ride Kasbah Bliss received I couldn’t believe. This is a horse with a sharp turn of foot why was he so prominent so early? He should’ve been shadowing Big Bucks IMO.

At last I’ve got something right though thought Kasbah might not find things so easy on this stiffer track than last year.

• Total Posts 1982

If Celestial Halo had won on Tuesday, Nicholls would be in with a huge shout of sweeping the big race board.

Don’t think the jockey or course were completely responsible for the demise of the favourite, but may have contibruted.

I wasn’t confident after a few flights. He was quite deliberate at some of his hurdles early on – very unusual for him.

Beaten by better horses on the day, but too well beaten for my liking.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

I hate that Ruby Walsh :lol:

As I said in an earlier post Kasbah Bliss’s one claim to fame is he finished 2nd to Inglis Drever which flattered him. The fact the form was never franked, the 3rd has done nothing since. I assumed Inglis Drever had gone backwards which we saw evidence of at Aintree.

In his prime Inglis Drever no doubt would have won this years race easily and I would bet my cotton socks we don’t see Big Bucks winning this race again.

Great rides by Ruby and Barry and no excuses for anything.

Did anyone se Pale Rider I would like to have a word about race reading with him :lol:

• Total Posts 1982

In all the furore, we’ve overlooked the run of Mighty Man in fifth.

A superb effort, just as impressive as Well Chief given the level of competition in the World Hurdle.

Aintree beckons?

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

I hate that Ruby Walsh :lol:

In his prime Inglis Drever no doubt would have won this years race easily and I would bet my cotton socks we don’t see Big Bucks winning this race again.

If you give me eight pairs of cotton socks and a vest to one pair then i’ll stand you on that bet :D

• Total Posts 2440

In all the furore, we’ve overlooked the run of Mighty Man in fifth.

A superb effort, just as impressive as Well Chief given the level of competition in the World Hurdle.

Aintree beckons?

I agree, i love Mighty Man, what a great run from him.

I was absolutely gutted when he was injured at Punchestown, and thought he would never return to the racecourse. Well done to the horse and Henry Daly for getting him back.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I didnt think Kasbah Bliss really looked to be moving that well today compared to haydock, as was expectable and would never have won whatever way he’d been ridden. Ive seen far worse rides at the festival so far. If the world hurdle had been run yesterday however I reckon there was more chance Kasbah Bliss would have won, but even then I think Big Bucks would have been thereabouts too.

Have thought for so long that the workld hurdle division has looked weak, so when punchestowns came out of the woodwork earlier in the season I was really quite excited and so too with Big Bucks when he emerged. Thus it is good to see that they through Kasbah they have confirmed that.

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 287 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.