The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wiliam Hills

Home Forums Horse Racing Wiliam Hills

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

<br>Being one of the top 3 bookmakers in this country does anyone know the correct reason why they no longer have any prices shown on the oddschecker site?

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

I’ve never used the oddschecker site but W/Hill still quote their odds on the readabet one at<br>http://readabet.bestbetting.com/<br>This is the site I use every day and I find it is very good and it is kept fairly up to date.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

Rats, who don’t like it up ’em.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

I guess because they only lay the ones they’re biggest about and have to pay a slice of profits to oddschecker.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Because it would make people realise how uncompetitive their prices are.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

I wouldn’t say Hills are uncompetitive but at least they’ll lay a proper bet. Betdirect laid me £32.40 on a 5-6 shot a couple of days ago. No wonder they’re going skint!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Quote: from Mounty on 9:20 pm on Sep. 8, 2006[br]I wouldn’t say Hills are uncompetitive but at least they’ll lay a proper bet. Betdirect laid me £32.40 on a 5-6 shot a couple of days ago. No wonder they’re going skint!

Are you a losing punter with them?  Presumably restricting you is to stop them going skint!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

If he is a losing punter, they were very short-sighted, and he’d have just as much reason to feel aggrieved, wouldn’t he? I don’t really get your point.  

If he is a winning punter with them, surely he has as much right to moan about them as they have to  limit his bet.

(Edited by Grimes at 10:26 pm on Sep. 8, 2006)

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

they are still on bestbetting.com, a better site anyway. I’ve long thought that the fiddlers like uk betting, sporting odds and so on shouldn’t be allowed on these odds comparison tables as they won’t lay a decent bet.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Bet365 have got a new system – every time I try to place an each-way double (not even on snide races!) it logs me out – true :)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Hills shut my account today……:(

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I’ve had a similar thing with PaddyPower, Mountie, and my bets are small potatoes for any bookie. But they don’t like to see a strong punt going on, on a horse they fancy.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Quote: from Shadow Leader on 7:36 pm on Sep. 21, 2006[br]Hills shut my account today……:( <br>

How much did you win Shadow ?.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Who was deleted?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

<br>DB

It was Kutz, no idea why?<br>Any chance of an update Corm?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.