The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wicklow Brave; a true hero

Home Forums Horse Racing Wicklow Brave; a true hero

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26376

Wicklow Brave won a race where he was Evens favourite and the 7/4 second favourite stable companion Robin De Carlow was pulled up lame after the first fence. Had very little to beat.

value is everything
    befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1068

Amazing how lucky he has been

Participant
    • Total Posts 26376

Just as much well placed as lucky, to be fair.

value is everything
    adminadmin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 698

Racing for over six years, nearly a million in prize money, 16 wins in bumpers, hurdles, chases and flat races.

A proper racehorse, not many like him.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 160

Both Man Alive and Alverton won and competed in decent races Flat Hurdles and Chasing

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1068

It does make me wonder how those who were much superior over hurdles to Wicklow Brave would have fared on the flat. Faugheen and Annie power in particular would surely have had a big chance in the Ascot Gold Cup

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 157

I really hope that he can add another big win tomorrow in The American Grand National.

He’s certainly versatile enough, and I will be cheering him on.

Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 38

RIP Wicklow Brave. He took a bad fall at the last when looking all over the winner and sadly, the racecourse have tweeted he fractured his shoulder and has been euthanised. So, so sad 😪

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1068

Can’t believe this; I’m heartbroken

Bachelors HallBachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1269

Shame to lose such a talented and honest animal and very sad for those who loved him. Hopefully we can take solace in the fact he died with dignity and compassion while doing something he clearly enjoyed.

Never a dull moment in his life so long may the memories of his compelling career endure!

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

They broke the mould after the wonderful Wicklow Brave was born. Condolences to all who loved him. I hope Cheltenham commissions a statue of him.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2741

A sad end to this thread which should have recorded another win on his varied CV. It’ll be a while before we see his like again.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9126

Devastating news I still can’t believe it.
    So many sad stories especially his groom, Willie Mullins, Nicky Henderson, the public all adored this wonderful horse and it’s just a real heartbreaker.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26376

Indeed, a sad end to a horse with a real character.

value is everything
    Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 38

A beautiful tribute has been written to Wicklow Brave on the Racing Post Website today. Well worth reading:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/comment/thoughts-on-life-death-and-thoroughbreds-after-the-cruel-loss-of-wicklow-brave/405235

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.