The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wichita

Home Forums Memorials Wichita

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mincamus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29

Was humanely euthanised after suffering complications while recovering from surgery.

RIP Wichita

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10850

So sorry to read that Wichita has lost his life in Australia and just as the flat season was drawing to a close. Was looking forward to seeing him next season this speedy son of No Nay Never would have been a valuable stud addition for Coolmore and now all that is lost.

Sleep well without pain dear Wichita.
    Always remembered⚘ just 3 years old.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/guineas-runner-up-wichita-dies-in-australia-following-leg-injury/456424

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7736

Shocked to hear the news this morning. I was so looking forward to seeing what he
    would achieve next year, he was unlucky not to win the 2000 Guineas, only beaten
    a neck by Kameko in a record time. He was full of potential and it’s so sad that
    we won’t see him achieve it. Condolences to all stable staff and connections.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Methinks Wichita is an unlucky name for the Magniers when it comes to their horses.

Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 67

Such sad news. I didn’t even know he was in Australia. More and more of the Coolmore horses are getting either sent or sold over there these days. I didn’t know Sir Dragonet had been sold to race out there either. I’m still haunted by Cliffs of Moher breaking down in the Melbourne Cup. Didn’t US Army Ranger die out there too? RIP Wichita, gone too soon 😪

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.