The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Liverpool continue to disappoint

Home Forums General Sports Why Liverpool continue to disappoint

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

After listening to Kenny Dalglish’s whine after their defeat at Bolton, I reckon it’s ‘cos none of his players can understand a bloo$y word he says!

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

I don’t know what has happened to the mentality of British players. 16 years ago they’re exactly who you wanted in your team. The Blackburn 94/95 team had only 1 player from a non-English-speaking country. Now the majority of decent English players are overrated, overpaid, overvalued scumbags.

What Dalgleish was thinking when he paid £19m for Jordan Henderson, or £35m for Andy Carroll, or £18m for Downing. The latter was the killer. £18m for a player who’s played for 2 teams that hovered about the relegation zone and mid-table, with his first team getting relegated eventually. Just incredible. And what have they done to help their team? Carroll’s scored 2 all season and the other 2 have been poor. That’s £72m. Chuck in Charlie Adam to make it near 80. And what have they done since signing for the club? They’ve scored 7 goals.

The team right now is near worthless. Gerrard’s finished, Kuyt’s finished, Carroll is worse than Torres, Lucas’ knee is screwed, Carragher’s getting on, not even Newcastle want Carroll back, everyone in the press is slagging off Downing. When your best player is Craig Bellamy, you know you have problems. He wasn’t even Cardiff’s best player.

They’ve taken 6 points from their last 6 games, taken only 8 points from their 5 games against teams that are propping up the league, they’ve only twice scored more than 2 in the league, their top league goalscorer has scored 5 goals.

A clueless, clueless football team.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

Clueless against so called lesser teams for sure. Carroll has been a huge disappointment as he was a real threat for anyone whilst at Newcastle but his fitness has been lacking somewhat and the team just don’t play to his strengths anyway, most of the time I’ve watched it they play Downing down the right, surely he should be down the left whipping in the crosses?

Henderson doesn’t do it for me, he shows one or two bright glimpses every now and then but for the most part is completely ominous.

The frustrating bit about it is they’ve done OK when underdogs beat Arsenal, Chelsea away in the league, home draws with both Manchester teams and beat Man City and Chelsea both away in the Mickey mouse cup. Will probably get past City on Wednesday then beat United on Saturday and then lose to Wolves……. :roll:

Member since March 2008
    millreefinley
    • Total Posts 4

read somewere dalglishs record is worse than hodgsons,wont be long before they clamouring to get him out £80million spent on second rate uk players :D

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

probably get past City on Wednesday then beat United on Saturday and then lose to Wolves……. :roll:

Let’s hope I’m wrong about Wolves…. :wink:

Member since March 2008
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Karma.

Some good observations by Zarkava and let’s hope Nathan is right about the Wolves match :wink:

They don’t just do shocking player signings, they’re not that clever with their managerial business.

Is Kenny trying to make out he is an old-aged illierate hoody type?

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

Well 2-0 up with about 20 minutes to go, without wanting to count chickens or anything a win here puts L’pool temporary ahead of Arsenal, now that is another team who know how to disappoint….. :twisted:

Member since March 2008
    shmeeko69
    • Total Posts 237

I think some people are quite critical about Liverpool. They’re still in the two cups and they have a good chance of finishing fourth, so not all bad compared with some so called decent teams around them. I agree most of the signings with Dalglish have been questionable – Carroll £35m, Henderson £19m and Downing £18, although Adam £5m and Enrique £5m have certainly been more productive and value for money.

I think they will come good under Dalglish, as he fully understands the Liverpool way of playing football, but they will need to find another top class player to replace the not so youthful Gerrard.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

http://files.myopera.com/zaharadeen442/albums/6222051/ARSENAL.gif

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

I see Mr Wenger according to the papers has been taking the limelight off his underachieving by saying that ‘it could be worse for Arsenal fans, they could support Liverpool’. The cheeky sod…… :evil:

‘We’ve been in the Champions League 15 seasons in a row’ – and have won it exactly how many times?

He makes a good point in the fact L’pool haven’t won the title since 1990 but fails to see that he has taken Arsenal backwards in past 6 years without winning a trophy, despite their European tours. Dalglish on the other hand has a golden opportunity to win something in his first full season, it might only be the Carling cup but I’d rather win something and put something into the cabinet.

Champions League football inst the bee all and end all.

Member since March 2008
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.