Why isn't Gary Moore…

Home Forums Horse Racing Why isn't Gary Moore…

This topic contains 46 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 931

Getting the same criticism as Willie Mullins. Is it because people aren’t as disappointed about ar mad as they are about Mullins horses?

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1079

What a strange post.for a start there was a whole thread criticising Moore. A bit unfairly i thought too

Are posters not to post their misgivings about mullins so as not to upset some sensitivities? I havent seen anything particularly harsh. Certainly seen far more dubious insinuations about that stable elsewhere (not that agree with them)

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24674

Remember a year or two ago some TRFers crowing about how – unlike Henderson and Nicholls – Mullins keeps his horses free from injury.

Every trainer will have years when things don’t go right.

value is everything

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 931

First of all I’m not referring to people who post on here. In other places I’ve seen Mullins ruby and ricci called every name under the sun, and cheating c**ts etc, because these horses have had to be finally ruled out of Cheltenham, but when other trainers (not just Gary Moore, he is just today’s example) have to do the same, there never seems to be the same level of abuse directed. My theory is that people are so disappointed that a particular star will miss Cheltenham that they decide to turn their disappointment to anger.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5408

Don’t underestimate the ill feeling Mullins and Ricci generated with the Vautour decision. They wrecked an awful lot of antepost bets in two races with one move. Not only was there no warning about it but there were assurances from Ricci that it would not happen.

It’s something I won’t forget. Not only did it sink some potentially lucrative bets but it finished off – for me at least – any serious antepost betting at the festival for as long as Mullins is dominant.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3623

I agree with Joe on this one !!
    There is a massive difference between the way Gary Moore behaves and the way Mullins and Ricci behaved last year.

It left a very bad taste in the mouth the way the public were mislead and like Joe I am loath to back anything ante post for Cheltenham with W Mullins listed as the trainer!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24674

You can back a Willie Mullins horse to “win any Cheltenham race”. ;-)

value is everything
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3623

I can’t back a Mullins horse full stop Ginge!! :wacko: :wacko:

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 931

The Vautour situation didn’t reflect well, but it was Ricci who said about vautour going gold cup or staying at home. Mullins (as far as I know never said that he was definitely going for the gold cup). I think ricci tends to talk in exaggerated terms sometimes, and thus says silly things, but in terms of horse racing he isn’t the expert, yet people hang on his every word. Mullins is the expert so I really don’t understand why someone would place more value on what ricci says rather than on what Willie says. If you wanted to find out information about the Chelsea squad would you ask conte or abramovic?

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4145

I presume this thread is about Gary Moore deciding to miss Cheltenham with Ar Mad. And the point is?

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19781

If you wanted to find out information about the Chelsea squad would you ask conte or abramovic?

I’d ask Jason Cundy on the sportsbar……. :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 377

What a strange post.for a start there was a whole thread criticising Moore. A bit unfairly i thought too

Are posters not to post their misgivings about mullins so as not to upset some sensitivities? I havent seen anything particularly harsh. Certainly seen far more dubious insinuations about that stable elsewhere (not that agree with them)

Because he doesn’t have the ammunition to do it time and time again – the horse is probably injured simple as that. Added to the fact the whole Mullins thing, whilst mildly entertaining, has developed into a bit of a circus (some of the threads on here are more about which horse he runs in which race rather than an appreciation of the race itself) imo a bit like watching a jose mourinho after match interview. Whilst he is quite entitled to leave his decision until the night before we can all have our opinions to why that is – maybe its just leaving your options open to maximize the stables chance of the most wins. Whether thats in the best interests of the owners is another story.

What happened to Vatour … they did what they thought was right …. maybe they think they got it right as he won but I thought he had a live chance at the blue riband and he didnt win it with anything else. If I was the owner I would have 100% run him there or not at all and he didn’t win it with another horse. Sometimes you only get one chance as poor Vatours fate proved. But its a game of opinions.

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 773

Ar Mad is injured. Seems like Moore has gone public with this news as soon as he can and there’s not much more you can ask. If he was sound, he’d run at Cheltenham (despite the trainer being upfront with his reservations about the track suiting). I don’t really understand the venom against Mullins regarding his injured horses, which are likely to be as much of a disappointment to all connections as the rest of the racing community. However, the “will they run/which race will they run in” last minute fiascos of last year have probably left their legacy, particularly with those who lost money. The Vautour decision seems even worse in light of the horse’s sad fate but Mullins’ behaviour at Sandown in April also shows a contempt for the racegoing public and English racing generally which many may find hard to forgive

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

Gary Moore after Ar Mad won the Henry VIII Novice chase at Sandown in 2015

“He won’t go for the Arkle. He won’t go left-handed as he got beat round Plumpton and that says it all.”

He would have let him take his chance at Cheltenham if sound but won’t be too disheartened about this. If he comes right, Aintree may become a prep run for the Champion Chase at Punchestown.

patriot1
    patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 356

You could have titled this thread “why isn’t Willie Mullins….. ever criticised by The Wexford Man?” You’re his biggest defender(only defender?) on this forum.

It’s not just Vautour but the way that Mullins has consistently denied us some fantastic races such as Quevega against Big Bucks and Annie Power versus Faugheen two years ago.

I’m still convinced that had AP and Faugheen both been fit they would have run in different races at Cheltenham instead of giving us a Champion Hurdle for the ages.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.