The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Which syndicate?

Home Forums Horse Racing Which syndicate?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 4

Tried to post this last night but though it shows on my profile if I try to access the post it says it doesn’t exist.

I live about 20 minutes from Haydock and am looking at a cheap syndicate/club which is likely to have runners every once in a while.

I own a few greyhounds and if anyone here has them you know they cost peanuts compared to horses.

I would love to have a tiny tiny share in a horse maybe to add the same thrill I get at the dogs when I have a runner to the racecourse.

Two I’ve seen are possibles but if you know of any comparable I would appreciate any info.

The Elite Racing Club is a cheap option but you don’t actually own anything but then they have several runners.

Own A Racehorse is another where for about £150 you get a tiny % in a horse but this is more of a lease than actual ownership as it only last the season.

These are the kinds of things I’m looking at. A few hundred for a tin interest and no monthly bill. I know what I buy wont be worth anything but I’m only in it for the thrill of feeling a part.

Participant
    • Total Posts 19

A friend of mine belongs to this one:

racegoersclub.co.uk

and speaks very highly of it. Not expensive, race days, stable visits & regular e-mail updates (which is a damn sight more than I got from my trainer for my grand+ per month, but that’s another story)

They have horses with trainers at both ends of the country, flat and jumps, all in all seems a good way of being involved for minimal outlay.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Ian Robinson and Paul Costello run this one: imperial-horseracing.com

Ian bought Imperial Commander for one of his early syndicates and won the Gold Cup with him. Ian’s policy is to concentrate on stock from stallions who’ve been free from breathing problems. 94% of the horses he’s bought have won.

Good luck. It’ll be one of the most enjoyable things you’ll ever do, whoever you choose.

Joe

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

You could always join us at TRF as part of Milnathort Racing Club. Good success so far (winners!!!) and well run, enjoyable club. Very affordable too. PM me for details Hendax.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

If you are in the Haydock area then Lancs Racing whom we have been involved with would be a good option and costs are not too high.

lancashireracingstables.co.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.