The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paddy Power Gold Cup 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Paddy Power Gold Cup 2006

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

ANOTHER JOKER          <br> BANNOW STRAND (IRE)    <br> BILLYVODDAN (IRE)      <br> BUTLER’S CABIN (FR)    <br> CALATAGAN (IRE)        <br> CHILLING PLACE (IRE)   <br> COMMERCIAL FLYER (IRE) <br> CONTRABAND             <br> COPSALE LAD            <br> EXOTIC DANCER (FR)     <br> FONDMORT (FR)<br> GRAPHIC APPROACH (IRE)  <br> GROUND BALL (IRE)       <br> IN COMPLIANCE (IRE)     <br> KANDJAR D’ALLIER (FR)   <br> KELREV (FR)             <br> KNOWHERE (IRE)          <br> MARIAH ROLLINS (IRE)    <br> NAYODABAYO (IRE)        <br> NEW ALCO (FR)           <br> SIR OJ (IRE)            <br> TAMARINBLEU (FR)<br> TARANIS (FR)       <br> THEREALBANDIT (IRE)<br> TIGHE CASTER       <br> TOO FORWARD (IRE)  <br> TUMBLING DICE (IRE)<br> VODKA BLEU (FR)    

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Pretty keen on Kandjar D’Allier myself now the weights have gone up. If he repeats last years run he wins I think. Clearly goes well fresh and at the track. And doesn’t have an Our Vic, a Monkerhostin or a Fondmort to beat off 149, 151 and 154 respectively.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Paddy Power and Betfair have the final decs but you’ll have to adjust the weights manually (PM me if you want me to show you how!:biggrin: )

Even though David trains as opposed to Martin, any contenders from the Pipe stable have to be respected at this meeting. I fancy Contraband myself even though he has yet to win at the distance.<br>

Happy JackHappy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Weights are up on the RP site now.

Contraband runs at Kempton tomorrow, if he wins he’ll receive a 3lb penalty for Saturday, taking his weight up to 11st 10lbs.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Thanks for that HJ – I was going to back him today for the PP – think I’ll wait now in case he’s pulled out.

arkle66
    • Total Posts 16

Sounds like Vodka Bleu is the D Pipe representative, my two tentative choices are Knowhere and Tumbling Dice. Any views?

I’m based in NZ at the moment so not getting my usual NH fix.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from arkle66 on 5:51 am on Nov. 7, 2006[br]<br>I’m based in NZ at the moment so not getting my usual NH fix.<br>

<br>Ah, that begs a question. What dates does the NZ NH season run to and from? I had an idea it was at its busiest during the Northern Hemisphere summer months, but not that it had a hiatus of any length either side.

Given his financial troubles over the last year, I’m guessing there’s not been any sighting of Guesty and his big fat chequebook in NZ this time around? :cool:

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Happy JackHappy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Sad to read that Fondmort has suffered a life threatening injury sustained during his final preparations for Saturday.

arkle66
    • Total Posts 16

Weel graysonscolumn, the season finished early September with the national jumps day, with the only meeting of the year were there are more jumps races than flat!! Then the races were changed after entries as only 10 entered for three chases!!

Not heard/or seen anything about any horses I have seen being transported over yet( considered getting my cheque book out a couple of times though!!).

The Great Northern hurdle was won by a 9yo flat convert, having third run over hurdles Just not Cricket. The Great Norhern Chase was won by a horse that had earlier in the year won a big race in Australia, Real Tonic. But the main news of this jumps season was the sad passing of Ken Brown, who was pretty much jump racing for last 30 or so years.

PS. Get well Fondmort.

GI MAC
    • Total Posts 13

Quote: from arkle66 on 5:51 am on Nov. 7, 2006[br]Sounds like Vodka Bleu is the D Pipe representative, my two tentative choices are Knowhere and Tumbling Dice. Any views?

I’m based in NZ at the moment so not getting my usual NH fix.<br>

Wouldn’t put you off Knowhere. Tumbling Dice I don’t think has the pace for this race.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.