The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you listening to?

Home Forums Lounge What are you listening to?

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 1,452 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

will re listen to neon bible [so’s I can singalong at the concert – sorry thats sound of music isn’t it] suppose Funeral was so awesome that follow up would be a bit of a let down. also am a bit obsessed about working out a new bands musical influences and once I realised that AF were influenced by Bruce Springsteen it put me off a bit [still think they are going to be amazing to see].Also would love to see White Stripes live but don’t like their albums much. Going to see Kaiser Chiefs soon as well. Got free ticket to see Jamie T a while ago and couldn’t go because realised I was @ 40 years older than everybody else that would be there [too old to rock’n’roll etc]. Levellers were my favourite band for many years, and Syd Barrett the love of my life along with Desert Orchid, and to lose them both in such a short space of time was very sad [got a drawer full of obituaries for both of them]. Lot of new bands influenced ny King Crimson so must re listen to some of that…unfortunately my car is playing up so can’t listen to music while I’m driving [keep listening for my engine cutting out] which was one of my favourite things in life….hell, there arn’t enough hours in a day are there???

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

This week, I have mostly been listening to The Selecter, Air and Donna Summer (no sh*t).

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Well, not that I want to brag, but as it seems I’m off to see the Stereophonics (sorry Jeremy, you’re not a fan are you? Don’t think less of me! Oh sod it think less of me, I don’t care!!!!) with some good friends and the considerably better looking half, AND the Foo Fighters in the space of two days later this year…

….I’m off to listen to them.

And to try to stop myself from actually dying of excitement!!!!!!!!!

*Smug mode*

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Well, not that I want to brag, but as it seems I’m off to see the Stereophonics (sorry Jeremy, you’re not a fan are you?

Got that right!

Don’t think less of me! Oh sod it think less of me, I don’t care!!!!)

Just so long as the day never comes that you trot out anything like, "Y’know, that jumps racing’s pretty kack really, isn’t it!", I’ll forgive pretty much anything.

AND the Foo Fighters in the space of two days later this year…

(Note to self – home banker ace Crimbo pressie for Mrs Column if it’s not already sold out…)

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Trust me, it’s sold out

Ebay

Pfft

Grrrr

:evil:

• Total Posts 1268

This week I have mostly been discovering Feist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrNCCx2p5U

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Trust me, it’s sold out

Foos? Already sold out? Arsington sodmonster.

Well, I’d sell myself to raise the cash, but the last time I did that I only raised £100 and 10p all night.

"10p?!?", you exclaim, "What meanie only paid you 10p?"

To which I reply, "All of them".

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

PMSL!!!!

Oh you tart

Having been ripped of over Muse at Wembley once, I’ll not count my chickens as hatched until I feel the spit of Dave Grohl on my face

I’m not wallflowering it!

Bloody ebay

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I’ll not count my chickens as hatched until I feel the spit of Dave Grohl on my face

Lovely! :wink:

gc

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Well….

It got the point across lol

And he’d be fairly hot if he had a shave lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

This week I have mostly been discovering Feist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWrNCCx2p5U

In case you weren’t already aware, NV (unlikely, as you’re usually mustard on these matters), as well as an accompanied singer-songwriter-guitarist in her own right she’s also an occasional member of Broken Social Scene. Exhibit B, m’lud…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uev2J_cBHjQ

gc

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Nothing. Podspal is sulking. :?
    My laptop self-combusted so I had to race out and get another one and now I’ve stuffed up the transfer of the music from ITunes. Podspal is all mixed up and I don’t have half my playlists.
    How the heck to I get the ITunes library from one laptop to another? :shock:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Hurry hurry if you want some of these:
    :lol:
    Foo Fighters
    November 14th – Nottingham – Nottingham Arena
    Tickets go on sale this Friday, September 28th at 9am
    Tickets: http://www.seetickets.com 0870 121 0123

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Cheers for the link KT and my heart goes out to young Podspal!

Unfortunately all the standing tickets were gone on pre-sale from what I could make out – literally the second I got there.

I got so close that I could fill out the order form and then after entering my details a pop up box appeared saying there were not enough tickets left to complete my order.

I only wanted two!!! :(

Damn it, why is there no ‘sobbing whilst wracked with soul-shattering emotion’ emoticon on this thing??

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Cheers for the link KT and my heart goes out to young Podspal!

Unfortunately all the standing tickets were gone on pre-sale from what I could make out – literally the second I got there.

I got so close that I could fill out the order form and then after entering my details a pop up box appeared saying there were not enough tickets left to complete my order.

I only wanted two!!! :(

Damn it, why is there no ‘sobbing whilst wracked with soul-shattering emotion’ emoticon on this thing??

Here ya go…

Oh poor poor Zoz what a terrible shame – I felt the same way when I couldn’t get tickets here to see II Divo :shock: …. :lol:

Hang on a tickety boo here. maybe there is a new set of tickets that will only be released tomorrow morning at 9am? Sometimes they do that, you know they keep back some??
    On that website if you search for Foo it says ‘coming soon’ and not available until tomorrow. Maybe I’m been a tad optimistic though .. :?

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

I’m of the same thought KT, so I’ll certainly be looking tomorrow at release time.

Either way, I’ll get some secured even if I have to pay over the odds.

For this gig, I’d actually consider putting my own internal organs on the black market. :shock:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I’m of the same thought KT, so I’ll certainly be looking tomorrow at release time.

Either way, I’ll get some secured even if I have to pay over the odds.

For this gig, I’d actually consider putting my own internal organs on the black market. :shock:

:shock: Really? Hmmmmm Do you have 20/20 vision per chance? :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 1,452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.