The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you listening to?

Home Forums Lounge What are you listening to?

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 1,452 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

"I say……where have you been hiding this delightful creature?"

Terry Thomas. He’s a thorough shower, don’t you know.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

It is with great, great sorrow that I have to report that, contrary to previous speculation on my part, Podsworth appears to have croaked.

Despite the kind offer by my knight in shining jeans and t-shirt to try to fix him last night, there doesn’t seem to be much point in trying to subject his apparently lifeless corpse to the usual resetting type stuffage when his battery is stone cold dead and his current technological breakdown means you can’t actually charge him.

So it looks like I’m going to have to get a new one. This is imperative, as in his absence I seem to have taken to Youtube and now have Fall Out Boy’s ‘The Take Over…’ on, which is clearly a sign that my best friend’s boyfriend is having an unhealthy influence on my musical leanings. The git. He’s lucky I get on with him.

Also heard by the ears of Zoz of late:

Foo Fighters – The Pretender
    Biffy Clyro – Saturday Superhouse
    Two More Years – Bloc Party
    Also contributions from The Verve, The Bravery, Sunshine Underground and Kenny Loggins.

Because everyone needs Footloose in times of stress.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

It is with great, great sorrow that I have to report that, contrary to previous speculation on my part, Podsworth appears to have croaked.

RIP Podsworth :oops: – Podspal is bereft at the loss of his pal, on the other side of the world and is now respectfully playing Gymnopedie No 1 played by Lyle Chan.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

It’s a miracle!!!!

Mourn not for Podsworth, Podspal – I brought him back to life using a canny combination of a cocktail stick, a USB lead, half a packet of cashew nuts and witchcraft.

Alright, I made up the bit about the cocktail stick and the cashews.

I’m dead clever, me. :?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

It’s a miracle!!!!

Mourn not for Podsworth, Podspal – I brought him back to life using a canny combination of a cocktail stick, a USB lead, half a packet of cashew nuts and witchcraft.

Alright, I made up the bit about the cocktail stick and the cashews.

I’m dead clever, me. :?

You are indeed a miracle worker and Podspal bows to your superiorty (wishing he had half such a clever owner incase he needs attention in the future :shock: )

..am listening to Beyond The Realm – Jennie Musket

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Today, I have mostly been listening to all of Ian Brown’s solo catalogue.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Currently: Waking Up by Elastica.

Just gone: Arms Around Me by The Departure

Up Next: Never Here by Elastica.

Currently considering: Rolling Stones. Seems like a good plan next.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Podspal is now spouting Italian as I listen to Conversation 4 – ‘How to buy a train ticket’ –
    Ciao :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

That’s what I like about ITunes :D – you can buy just one track if you want. I have several CD’s from the days pre ITunes where I only like one or two tracks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

This week I have been mostly listening to the current album by Githead, the ongoing project of Colin Newman, the former frontperson of post-punk legends Wire.

Oh yeah, and some 2 Unlimited.

But I won’t mention that.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 1904

There’s no limit to the man’s musical tastes

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

There’s no limit to the man’s musical tastes

Boomboom tssssshhhh!

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

I only just got that.

:lol:

Clearly my brain is in ‘casual Friday’ mode

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Finlay MacDonald CD – Cowden Hall and Lake Ochrid are two of my favs :D

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Podspal is shuffling (he can be a bit of a bugger sometimes :D )
    so am now listening to:
    Funiculì Funiculàà – Viva Italia – Luciano Pavarotti :oops: what a loss.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

re Libertines…the new Pete Doherty album sounds awesome, heard a track a couple of weeks ago on Steve Lemac and it stopped me in my tracks, havn’t bought the album yet as have just got back from hols and hate to give Pete Doherty my well earned money, but what I heard did sound like where The Libertines were going [although Dirty Pretty Things rather good]. Interpol sound so similar to Editors [who I prefer] but much darker, so will give new album another listen as have been told it’s excellent. Never got into St. Etienne as remember her swanning around on the stage at Glastonbury one year [on the telly that is] and thought they were a bit light weight and silly, but think I need to re appraise my view and a best of album would be a good start. Latest Maximo Park is excellent, and all Linkin Park stuff is brilliant. Rather like a folky band called Bellowhead who are playing in Nottingham on Saturday and I’ve stupidly bought theatre tickets for the same night so can’t go. Used to love Runrig so advice on folky scottishy things most welcome. The cover of Hurt by Johny Cash I can play over and over again and also Masters of War by Dylan.Going to see Arcade Fire soon although was a bit disappointed in Neon Bible. Never get bored with Celebrity Skin by Hole.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Neon Bible has been a fixture in my car’s CD player for a few weeks now – no mean feat.

Other recent plays have been of;

The Associates – Sulk
    25 years old now and still sounds like nothing on this planet. Operatic, literate, alt.pop from the dreadfully missed Billy Mackenzie. Party Fears Two remains one of the 1980s’ most ambitious, jaw dropping chart singles.

Grizzly Bear – The Yellow Room
    Further proof (along with the likes of Maximo Park) of how far Warp Records has strayed from its original nosebleed techno roster of the early 1990s. An expansive suite blending lo-fi, slo-fi, Beach Boys-style chamber pop flourishes and dusty 70s American AOR. Not an unqualified success throughout, but better to try and fail than not try and be the Pigeon Detectives.

The Knife – Silent Scream
    Mysterious, boilersuited, anti-capitalist brother and sister act from Sweden pull off one of music’s hardest tricks – recording a techno / electronic album with genuine depth, heart and soul… even in the tracks that feel like an unequal struggle against a relentless swarm of Death Wasps From Space.

Electroscope – Homemade Electroscope
    A bit of a lost gem from the late 90s, this was a side-project of Adventures in Stereo more interested in found noises, lo-fi space-rock and Ivor Cutler-type readings than the 60s pop pastiches of the parent band. One song is entitled Joe Meek Hears a New World, which says it all, really.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 1,452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.