The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What A Load Of Cobblers. Football Season 1

Home Forums General Sports What A Load Of Cobblers. Football Season 1

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Cobbs to win 5@16/5
    Cobbs 4-1 2@80s

Suicide next week.. :rose:

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Having just seen the line ups, Cameron McGeehan to score anytime 4@13/2, wet and wild tonight..
    Probably a 0-0.
    Ongoing..

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Oh dear, an absolute thrashing.
    Its was men against girls as Rob Page said when he managed us to a..defeat at the GAS, before getting the boot and and the Wales job.
    Wrexham Saturday, I like Wrexham, spent a few months working there, their bubble looks like its burst, its OK the Cobblers are in town.. so Wrexham should be very confident.

As CAS said further up thread, Southport V Brackley this week..Dont see many goals in this. Probably best to go racing CAS.
    When saturday comes.. :yahoo:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8913

I am planning on going, all being well.

It will probably be my last match until the spring. I don’t like going there in the cold and dark. I prefer to stay inside and watch the good National Hunt racing during the winter.

We could do with a win. Hammered 3-0 by Darlington, knocked out of the FA Cup and only just above the relegation zone.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Missed out on the KSV1919 match last night, another defeat for them..

Keeping things simple today,
    Wrexham V Cobblers correct score home win 3-1 2@11/1
    Southport V Brackley Correct score Away win 1-2 2@8/1
    Doubled up for 1@107/1

Banbury away to Plymouth Parkway in the FA Trophy today.
    Home win 3-2 1@22/1

– 6 added to -36.5

Ongoing -42.5

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Oh well, I could see another thrashing at the hands of the Wrexham crew, just got the number of goals they scored wrong. FT 4-1.

Sorry CAS Southport Brackley 0-0, at least the sun was out today.

Lastly, I got one right, Plymouth Parkway beat Banbury 3-2, returned 23 including the 1.

Ongoing -19.5

Looking better than this morning. :yahoo:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8913

That was an inspired bet on Plymouth Parkway. :yahoo:

I didn’t make it to Haig Avenue. Merseyrail in its wisdom was only running trains as far as Formby today. I would have had to then get a rail replacement bus to Southport, making the journey much longer. I couldn’t be bothered with that, so I stayed home and watched the racing instead. Given the scoreline, it was probably a good decision.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

CAS, I hope you had a decent day watching the racing.
    I was hoping you’d give some insight into Brackey today, always good to get a different opinion.
    My neighbour, went via car today, he tends to be rather biased on the performances.

Banbury are on a bad run at present a few of the better players are out injured. Plymouth Parkway won their last match in the FA Cup qualifying round 3-0, so was just a lucky long shot, hoping Banbury could grab a couple.

Im a bit sad about the Wrexham match.. :scratch: I though the Cobbs would be more defensive after conceding 4 at home Tuesday.

Anyway, Tuesday is away to Notts County in the..whats its name cup.. :-(

Participant
    • Total Posts 32167

Superb pick in Plymouth Parkway, Landafar.. :good:

Taunton Town also won in their FA Trophy game beating none other than Basingstoke… I have a sneaky suspicion that could be Chezza’s team… :rose:

Last qualifying FA Cup games next week…. I’m hoping for a Taunton win although they play a side two leagues above and a 1st round proper tie against Bristol Rovers.. B-)

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Nathan, wish you all the best with Taunton against Maidenhead Utd, they had a poor start to the season but have a winning run of 3 now.
    Brackley have Hartlepool away, Id expect them to get a draw or win by the odd goal. Monkey Hangers have won 2 and lost 4 of their last 6 league games. Its a cracking bit of folklore as to the nickname. And the former mascot Hangus,was elected mayor up there.
    If Brackley got to the first round proper, Id expect an away match against either Exeter or Carlisle to follow on from Truro and Hartlepool… :scratch:

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Im so inspired to bet on the whats its name EFL thing this week, that I really should give it a miss.
    Typically these are boring low attendance games and with the Cobblers defence being absent recently, I have to have a couple of 0.5 bets.
    The Magpies to win 5-1 0.5@80/1 and a 5-0 0.5@100/1.

Ongoing -20.5

Probably :cry: be a 4-1..

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Hartlepool V Brackley, Hartlepool not had a great start to the season, same for Brackley.
    Harlepool fans seem impatient with their manager, Brackley to win 1-2 2@10/1

Banbury v Bromsgrove Sporting, after a fine start to the season, Banbury have hit a bad patch. Bromsgrove are in the bottom 4, Banbury to recover some form and win 3-1 2@ 12/1.

Brackley and Banbury both to win, at 12/5 and 4/5 double 3@ 5.12/1
    Total stake today 7

Ongoing -27.5

Participant
    • Total Posts 32167

Taunton managed a 1-1 draw.. 1st half was all Maidenhead and the Taunton keeper pulled off some very good saves. Maidenhead kept the ball well but we’re lacking up front today. Their defence was too strong for Taunton and they deserved the 1-0 half time scoreline.
    2nd half saw much better Taunton performance and they managed to pin Maidenhead in their own half for the most part. The Maidenhead keeper was forced into a triple save and it looked like that was that but Taunton kept trying and got a late equaliser to get a replay.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Great result Nathan, second bite at the cherry.
    Nice picture.. :good:

Monkey Hangers grabbed an equaliser in the 83 min against Brackley, for a moment I was thinking 1-2, but the Hartlepool mob will have to set the sat nav for NN13 this week.
    Not sure what happened at Banbury today, the live commentary, suggested it was a one team match but no goals.

But for me, far better than this PL stuff..

Draw on Monday for the first round proper..Taunton V Brackley..100/1?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8913

A much needed 3-0 home win for Southport against South Shields today. Unfortunately I could not get there due to family commitments.

The game was originally scheduled for Tuesday 5th November but was brought forward after both teams were knocked out of the FA Cup.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Good stuff CAS, glad they got the win, Jim probably had the players on a win or leave contract.
    But good for your lot :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32167

Just watching the highlights and the triple save was after the equaliser so Taunton had a great chance to win late on

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.