The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Well Chief

Home Forums Horse Racing Well Chief

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Don’t need to say anything else.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Great to see that.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Can’t fault that.  Great performance.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

The best chaser in training returns … ;)

A joy to watch. Well Chief coming upsides Ashley Brook was the moment of the season for me.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Good to see him back and winning like that.

7/4 for Cheltenham appears a bit short though.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

He won’t be 7/4 on the day. Looks to retain all his ability. That puts him a stone ahead of everyone else so looks a morre than fair price to me.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Actually think 7/4 looks a great price!! Wonderful horse reminding us of how brilliant the "trio" were a couple of years back. Great training performance as well.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

It was some performance today, and I certaily wouldnt like to lay much 7/4 to be honest, especially if you take the veiw that Well Chief may not have been fully wound up today.

Whilst some of the interest was taken out wih VPU coming down, it has to be suspected that he wouldnt have got near to WC anyway, especially conceding 10lb. For VPU to have won that,  believe he would have had to run to something like 175+, I I dont hve him down as being that good.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

With an owner that likes a bet, there is no way the horse would have been so strong in the market if he wasn’t 100% fit today in my opinion.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

i’m not so sure DJ, theres fit and then there is Pipe fit (if you know what I mean).

Listening to the reports earlier in the week (if you believe them) DJ seemed more keen to head to Cheltenham, but opted to get some racecouse work back into him.<br>

PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Impossible not to be impressed with that & is likely to be my banker in 4 weeks

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

To my very amateur eye he looked a bit less fit than most of the others in the paddock ( i backed sporazene :( ) which i suppose we should expect

Nothing else to say other than that was one of the highlights of the season

AraziArazi
    • Total Posts 263

I really hope everything goes smoothly in training for Well Chief between now and Cheltenham. He deserves to have his name alongside Moscow Flyer & Azertyuiop as a Champion Chase winner.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

No matter how fit they might have got him at home he wouldnt have been 100%. The fact that he won on the bridle means that we can’t really be sure how fit he was……… if push came to shove he may have blew up close home, we don’t know.

That race will put him spot on for Chelters and he should be very hard to beat, although if Voy Por hadn’t have fallen would he and Well Chief fought it out today?

That is my only doubt because we are yet to see the two together and Voy Por’s jumping is usually good.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Stormont I would think that Well Chief had Voy Por ustedes well covered. Having said that you cannot forget the weight turn around at Cheltenham. Did anyone back Well Chief antepost before this race? I’ve got a antepost bet on VPU but I think Well Chief is going to be difficult to beat in the Champion now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.