The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

weatherbys Betting Guide

Home Forums Archive Topics weatherbys Betting Guide

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nore
    • Total Posts 151

I usually order the weatherbys Betting Guide through the post.

Does anyone know if any newsagents stock them?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I doubt it. Ive looked before

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

I would just order from Weatherby’s, and look forward to receiving it through the post.

I’m pretty sure they started sending them out yesterday.

Do many people here buy the guide?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

This will be my 4th year getting the CHL & AIN guides. However, I don’t think Weatherbys realise that Ireland is in a different country so I usually don’t receive it until the Friday before the festival. Last summer I got a flyer in the post from Weatherbys recommending their Summer Festivals Betting Guide in July!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I don’t think Weatherbys realise that Ireland is in a different country

which country is it now then? France? :biggrin:

I got it first time last year and its an excellent guide, not least becuase its an entertaining read too

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

LOL – well spotted clivex

:banghead:

Seven TowersSeven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 607

I got this and the Aintree guide for the first time last year. It certainly helped me after a disastrous Cheltenham in 2005. That said my tally was only 4 winners and 5 places from 24 races so there is a lot of room for improvement but that was enough to provide a small profit. <br>   I’ve also got the National Hunt Season 06/07 book which has also been very useful although I have missed a few races out by being away etc. I may even be tempted to buy the equivalent for the flat season in attempt to maintain my interesting in racing during the summer as well as the winter.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Is there an equivalent for the flat??

Seven TowersSeven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 607

Yes it’s called The Summer Festivals Betting Guide according to my Weatherbys flyer it is due for publication in May. I’ve not bought it before though so I don’t know which meetings are covered.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Received mine this morning, and am very much looking forward to reading it.

Lydia contributes an interesting article on the fairness of Irish horses handicap marks.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Yes it’s called The Summer Festivals Betting Guide according to my Weatherbys flyer it is due for publication in May. I’ve not bought it before though so I don’t know which meetings are covered.

I bought it once.

I thought it was nowhere near as good as the Cheltenham or Aintree versions.

Mainly because I think the format of these guides suits the jumps festivals as the timing allows the writer to review the market leaders in the big races.

A summer long magazine doesn’t have the luxury of really knowing which horses will be running.

Steve    

PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

I’ve ordered online & will also be paying a tenner for their write ups on all the Cheltenham preview evenings.

ToneLoc
    • Total Posts 101

The Chelts & Aintree guides are very good. The NH season is pretty good but the Summer Festivals less so.

One reason is that I do not think that there as many strong trends in flat races as jumps races on average.

Wouldn’t bother with the emailed tips though, once armed with the information you should be able to select yourself….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.