The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Weather for Musselburgh, Wednesday

Home Forums Horse Racing Weather for Musselburgh, Wednesday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5685

For Mycenean Princess

There was frost in Scotland overnight, temperature down to about -3. Forecast to rise today with light rain later and overnight.

Ground is Currently Good To Soft, Soft in places. I would say it’s unlikely to get worse than Soft unless the forecast is seriously off the mark.

Rob

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Aha, so you’re actually part of the set-up at Carburton, then, MP – as a lass or one of Guests ‘R’ Us (and / or Fly By Night Syndicate before that) or something else?

The very best of luck with Hall of Fame tomorrow. I wonder if Graham is going to ride him closer to the pace again, as he did to great effect at Fakenham two runs ago – there’d be worse tactics to adopt around Musselburgh.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

:lol:

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Rather you than me love. I remember a certain Miranda Burrows was a Guesti groupie, she was the former lover of a cousin of mine (by marrage) but dumped him after the Sun accused him of being a love rat.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5685

UPDATE

Light rain overnight in the East of Scotland, Musselburgh reported 1mm.
    There is some light rain forecast this morning, but it’s unlikely that the going will change appreciably.

Rob

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

No rain here today (Edinburgh) Ground should be on the good side of soft.

Sieze should have a decent shout.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5685

underscore

There are a few interesting ones in the 1.00. I’M DELILAH ran a decent race before coming to grief at the last behind Akarem at Kelso in November. She wil ltake some beating if recovered and fit. I’d be interested to see if LA VECCHIA SCUOLA improves for another step up in trip. Ignore her last run as she all but came down at an early flight and was never in the race.

2.00 I’d expect STONERIGGS MERC to put a poor performance in heavy ground Sedgefield behind him. Every chance if h can recapture C/D form.

2.30 Along The Nile, a handicap winner, challenges with a double penalty against some interesting novices. Puy D’arnac was a debut winner at Catterick.

3.00 Seize is intersting but this looks an open contest to me.

I’m unable to make today’s meeting, but hope to attend for the decent looking card on Feb 3rd.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5685

MP

Well my best selection Stoneriggs Merc did the business. I’d seen his two previous runs at Musselburgh and he looked good enough if overlooking the Sedgefield heavy ground form. Seeing a group of horses regularly in these events up here does make a difference to my analysis.

I’m sure you will enjoy a flat meeting at Musselburgh.

Of the other courses in Scotland…….

Perth would be well worth a visit, they race from April to September and it’s a real country park course. Decent racing, particularly at the April Festival.
    Kelso has always struck me as a bit of a National Hunt enthusiasts course. Get out the waxed jacket and flat cap.
    Hamilton Park is just a few hundred yards from where I work so I don’t need much of an excuse for an afternoon off. A very well laid out course, very attractive aurroundings and plenty of room. The viewing at Hamilton is superb, and it looks an absolute picture on a sunny summer’s day.
    Ayr I’m not so enthusiatic about though the standard of racing is on average the best of the Scottish courses. The place needs at least a spruce up and I think they rather rest on reputation than what is offered in facilities.

Let me know if you are travelling up again.

Rob

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

underscore will be there if Kalmo Bay runs – I sadly won’t make it along.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Rob North you are the luckiest man in racing. Mycenaean Princess and Francesco Cumani, I cant split them as to which is the hottest woman in racing.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Really?

Fu*ck it then – I might just pull a sickie. :mrgreen:

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5685

Snowed under with work at present so can’t make it to midweek meetings.

Weather prospects for next week at Musselburgh seem quite good. Not had much rain in the East of Scotland last few days.

My next raceday is likely to be Kelso March 1st. Then possibly Musselburgh Easter Sunday, Hexham April 6th, Perth 24th/25th April and Hamilton on May 9th(works jolly – box booked!). Never let anyone say I don’t plan ahead!

Rob

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

I would never stand you up sweetheart. :wink:

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Yes – should be there on Wednesday. Kalmo Bay is currently entered and I’ll be on the look-out for a Francesca Cumani look-a-like. I’m the George Clooney look-a-like by the way. :lol:

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Great stuff, I’ll be at the bar in Owners & Trainers nursing a large Gin & Tonic holding a Pink Carnation………. :shock:

You will be drinking Champagne if I can talk RUK into flying me up. :wink:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.