The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

We up or down

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2024 We up or down

Viewing 4 posts - 69 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Worst Cheltenham in years, for me, punting wise.
    Just the 2 winners. No big e/w pick ups, which is unusual for me over the 4 days.
    Hoping for a change of luck tomorrow, which isnt unusual if i’ve not done v well at Cheltenham.
    Overall, i’m down but defo not out. Tomorrow’s another day :good: .

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

Well done to anyone who did do well over the week. I need to re-evaluate what I do next year because I’m not normally a big antepost player but when NRNB/NRMB kicks in its not really antepost and you just struggle to find the value on the day/week the way I tend to do things. I think Saturday racing and other festivals the sorts of horses I normally look at have gone a bit more under the radar because people don’t analyse those races until decs at the earliest, sometimes later than that. Its also a real grind starting from fresh with the studying on Sunday for Tuesday, constantly chasing your tail and you don’t spend much time enjoying the racing itself.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 746

The problem with antepost bets is there are too many races and therefore multiple entries made. I’m up on antepost bets but only because all bar one were NRNB and all the ones that did actually run made money. Doubt I’ll bother with antepost next year, too stressful trying to work out which races the horses are going to end up in :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

ROI of 115% for me. Last year was exceptional, but this edition is still good. The friday wasn’t great, but the Gold Cup really saved the day (and week). My biggest bet of the week was for Galopin des Champs, also a decent bet on L’Homme Presse EW (4 places). The Gold Cup has been good to me almost every year, as opposed to the Champion Chase and Champion Hurdle. Overall I would say I have a far better record over 3 miles race then 2 miles races.

A winner every day:
    Chianti Classico (11/1)
    Jasmin de Vaux (5/1)
    Teahupoo (4/1)
    Galopin des Champs (5/4)

And some nice EW shots:
    Jimmy du Seuil (50/1)
    Gemirande (50/1)
    Djelo (28/1)
    Where it all began (20/1)
    L’Homme Presse (16/1)

I think I only skipped the mare novice hurdle and I had only one ante post bet before NRNB (Shishkin).

Viewing 4 posts - 69 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.