The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Warwick 2.20pm

Home Forums Horse Racing Warwick 2.20pm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De SolzenGazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

Did Tafika have a bet on Plum Pudding there.

Unbelievable finish there! Cant imagine Timmy Murphy was too happy with Tafika there!

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5823

A few will have been caught out with that one on the "exchanges"!

Regards
    :cool:

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

£100 Win on Glens Boy @8/1 wtf do we do
    it to ourselves???

For me the worst punting year (i only bet on chases)for a long
    long time!!!!

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Did Tafika have a bet on Plum Pudding there.

Unbelievable finish there! Cant imagine Timmy Murphy was too happy with Tafika there!

Glens Boy

was robbed but Tafika was just stood there and my first impression when Timmy had his head down was to think he should have steered a wider course,had he looked up earlier! :oops: Hit 100 then 180 on the machine before the photo was called.Those ‘Bots’ are well informed!! :shock:

Fallonman
    • Total Posts 35

In situations like that I think most jockeys have their heads down in a drive finish.
    Why would you look up its not as if there was another fence to be jumped.
    Timmy Murphy’s first ride for Henrietta for a few seasons. Hope its not the last after this fiasco!!!!

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

In situations like that I think most jockeys have their heads down in a drive finish.

No just a bloody loose horse stood on the line! Are you the sort of driver that notices when traffic Lights turn Red? :roll: Its called being aware!

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

No just a bloody loose horse stood on the line! Are you the sort of driver that notices when traffic Lights turn Red? :roll: Its called being aware!

That’s not quite right, KF. The loose horse was actually on the stands’ side of the track as they drove up the finish. He then sauntered across to the far side just in time to impede Murphy’s horse. Head up or head down wouldn’t have made any difference – Tafika was claerly determined to sabotage the race whatever!!

Mike

paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4598

That’s not quite right, KF. The loose horse was actually on the stands’ side of the track as they drove up the finish. He then sauntered across to the far side just in time to impede Murphy’s horse. Head up or head down wouldn’t have made any difference – Tafika was claerly determined to sabotage the race whatever!!

Mike

Absolutely – plus, with the rail on his nearside and Plum Pudding on his outside Murphy’s options as to where he could go were somewhat limited.

grey dolphingrey dolphin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 653

I’d backed Glen’s Boy so the air went a bit blue at the finish.

I couldn’t honestly blame Murphy in any way. It was just one of those things. But I did wonder whether there had been an opportunity for Tafika to be caught at some point during the 2 circuits.

Gazs Way De SolzenGazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

I’d backed Glen’s Boy so the air went a bit blue at the finish.

I couldn’t honestly blame Murphy in any way. It was just one of those things. But I did wonder whether there had been an opportunity for Tafika to be caught at some point during the 2 circuits.

I think it was Channel 4 who commented on a ‘guy in a white van’ appearing, whether or not he was trying to catch the loose horse or trying to tell jockeys that there was a horse coming back the other way and approaching them, im not sure, but the way the horse got involved in the finish was uncanny.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.