The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

VDW for DUMMIES

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems VDW for DUMMIES

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

GARSTONF
    May i ask.
    From the highest class races lto what was Celtic Pleasure class and what was its ranking position from the whole field.

arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

PRESIDENT ROYAL

AVESOMEOFTHAT
    COSSAC DANCER

garstonf
    Participant
    • Total Posts 30

Arkle

The class rating of Celtic Pleasure’s last race was 20 and this was the eleventh highest in a field of 12.

garstonf
    Participant
    • Total Posts 30

Pipedreamer

The betting exchanges are putting nails in the coffins of high street bookmakers. Gone are the days when the bookies were packed. When an outsider won nearly every punter lost and they would all swarm to the boards holding the racing papers to see what they had missed. In the exchanges it is the layer that chokes on his coffee and reaches for the paper.

Hensman
    • Total Posts 136

It is good to see some of the VDW races being discussed. I always think the 1985 King George is one of the most interesting. On the face of it an easy five runner event, seemingly rather similar to the Little Owl race.

Using the format of the four “Spells it all outâ€

grand lodge
    • Total Posts 57

This continues to be an absorbing thread.

This weekend I’ll post up a couple of races from Saturday’s card(s) and, as a practical, experential exercise for those, like me, who are still in the process of developing our understanding of this approach, I’ll invite all and sundry to ‘VDW’ the races in question. I might even have a go myself. Should be interesting.

A good idea, cormack.

let the usual group back-fit ancient races to eternity while we advance into the future with this methodology.

Looking forward to offering some input.

GL

arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

GARSTONF
    You wrote the vdw method is quiet SIMPLE .From the HIGHER VALUE RACES evaluate the 3 most consistent.

You then wrote the class rating of celtic pleasure’s last was 20 and the eleventh highest of 12 runners.

So prior to winning the race in question the race class was (last race first)
    20 68 next class ratings he was a 3yo 87 20 25 52 53 31 12 5

May i please ask. What was celtic pleasures ability rating and the ranking.

Thank you for your response so far
    arkle

goodlife
    • Total Posts 103

This continues to be an absorbing thread.

This weekend I’ll post up a couple of races from Saturday’s card(s) and, as a practical, experential exercise for those, like me, who are still in the process of developing our understanding of this approach, I’ll invite all and sundry to ‘VDW’ the races in question. I might even have a go myself. Should be interesting.

The next time I see one which looks like a good thing I’ll put it up.I’ll probably end up with egg on my face!

grand lodge
    • Total Posts 57

The next time I see one which looks like a good thing I’ll put it up.I’ll probably end up with egg on my face!

Goodlife,

Don’t worry. It’s not about winning or losing at the moment, more about learning and understanding.

GL

goodlife
    • Total Posts 103

Cheers,GL,
    Who knows how far we all might go pooling our thoughts.
    Garstonf,
    That’s one of the best, most constructive, posts I’ve read since I joined TRF.

johngringo
    • Total Posts 89

Recent selections are lepers.

Whilst we can do them in english, scottish, geordie, spannish, french, german, and portugese their qualities come from the outmost extreme selection methods.

Better Moment 420 Folk has been placed to win and I have backed the place at 11/2;

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Raceform also suggest Better Moment as a top wager.

• Total Posts 2390

Having been spoon-feed the basics I thought I’d give this VDW system a try today in the 4.20 at Folkestone.

I have narrowed the field down to:

Oneforfun
    Seven Sky

But although not in the first six in the betting forecast preferences is for:

Tayman

Good luck All :D

grand lodge
    • Total Posts 57

Recent selections are lepers.

Whilst we can do them in english, scottish, geordie, spannish, french, german, and portugese their qualities come from the outmost extreme selection methods.

Better Moment 420 Folk has been placed to win and I have backed the place at 11/2;

Hi John,

Although I haven’t VDW’d this race, I was looking at it for use with my own methods.

I think ‘Oneforfun’ is the better horse but my reservations for this one are:

1. Best form(this season) prior to this race was a non-handicap and was hard ridden to lead in closing stages.

2. Trainer ‘0-1’ in hurdles, which i will take or leave.

If the price warrants an e/w bet then I might consider it.

Your selection:
    Better Moment

My reservations for this are as follows:

1. Trainer Stat’s in red – Last 14 days = 0-1(take it or leave it), Hurdles = 0-7 (caution!)

2. The horse is facing 10lbs better class than its good handicap place in April.

3. The best form this season has been on tighter tracks than today and both left-handed:

Today’s race – Folkestone (RH (11.0f), Stiff/Handy, Und, 220y)

Best form this season:
    May – Fontwell (LH (8.0f), Sharp, Flat, 200y)
    Apr – Plumpton (LH (9.0f), Tight/Handy, 200y)

So, as the ol’ dragons would say, for that reason, I’m out!

All the best with it anyway.
    GL

johngringo
    • Total Posts 89

Hi Goodlife

I must admit I’m not as enthusiastic this morning as I was last night. Last night I was graced by Bacchus who has now deserted me. I dont really look at anything other than C2 affairs so I shouldn’t have been touting out of my normal pitch. :roll:

grand lodge
    • Total Posts 57

Hi Goodlife

I must admit I’m not as enthusiastic this morning as I was last night. Last night I was graced by Bacchus who has now deserted me. I dont really look at anything other than C2 affairs so I shouldn’t have been touting out of my normal pitch. :roll:

Goodlife? I will let you off for this oversight, John. :lol:

I am the opposite. Class 4-6 is my hunting ground. Why sift through bags of sand for a golden nugget when one is staring us in the face elsewhere?

Should be fun to watch the race today.

GL (Grand Lodge)

goodlife
    • Total Posts 103

Hello John,
    Hope your head isn’t hurting too much today!
    I haven’t VDW’d any of today’s races. When looking at my own past records, I find that making N.H. selections beginning with the Paddy Power Gold Cup meeting seems to make a lot of sense. The winner of this race (although I am open to correction on this point) has never, on all the occasions on which I have VDW’d the race,
    been outside of the top four ability ratings.

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.