The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

uttoxeter 4.20pm big price e/way

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays uttoxeter 4.20pm big price e/way

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ted23
    • Total Posts 16

have followed TAKE THE STAND 25/1 for couple of years now and all though not been in great form, has fnally been dropping down in handicap mark and fancy it to find it’s form today.

a horse that needs extreme distances and 4m on heavy can not get any more extreme. has won over 4m on heavy ground with 12 stone at kelso 2 years ago.
    and 2 runs ago was great 7th over 4m on soft in great race. this race is alot easier and if it’s jumping holds up a place at least is on the cards. don’t forget this has a 2nd and 5th in gold cup, this is the class horse of the race. 25/1 is a steal e/way. good luck.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

I’d be very surprised if he is up to the task in that ground,ditto stable companions Ballycassidy and Mr Ed.
    Dead Eyed Dick could be intreresting at the bottom of the weights if he puts in a clear round,but his jumping is always a bit of a concern.
    Good luck with your selection anyway.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Good call, GD, and I wish I’d been anywhere near a terminal to chuck a bit of each-way money at him myself yesterday!

He was my Sportsman tip for the race last year and I was counting out the fivers in my head with a mile to go before he was sent on to win his race just a little too early and got outpaced over the last couple. This time it reads as if he was too keen early on and had nothing left to hurt the winner with late on.

How frustrating! He’s clearly got one of these big marathon contests in him, but he’s not quite getting it all right when it matters.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.