The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Unusual Comments in Running

Home Forums Horse Racing Unusual Comments in Running

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

Just noticed the comment ‘text book ride’ in the official comments in running for a recent winner.

Has anyone ever seen this one before?

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

This is going to be a fun thread – Graysonscolumn is going to be all over it, like a wasp around a dustbin.

I’ve come across a couple of weird race comments, but I’ll have to do a bit of digging to rediscover them.

Luckily, I’m off to a good start, because I think one of them was in the past form of one of the horses running in the Selling H’cap Hurdle at Fakenham on Gold Cup day.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Yes,

Safe Investment

. Ran in the same race in 2008 as well:-

"Behind, passed some reluctant animals on the final circuit, never on terms."

ratpack
    • Total Posts 96

I noticed this also last night Glenn.

There is no place for comments like that. Individual comments in running should contain the facts and be objective. Subjectivity should be saved for the analysis below the race.

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

Those were my thoughts ratpack. It would seem that even the comments in running in the

Racing Post

now have an editorial stance!

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

But where do you draw the line? A comment such as "Jumped well" is possibly subjective, but that is the kind of comment I am looking for in a Novice Chaser’s form.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

"shyed at goose stretch" is a personal favourite from the US :lol:

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Surely we’ve had enough "amusing in-running comments" threads already. This one is surely more of an "inappropriate in-running comments" thread? For the record, I agree with the initial thoughts. Analysis is the place to praise jockeys if they must be praised. Comments are for horses.

smallbutmighty
    Participant
    • Total Posts 64

Rory – please can you (or anyone else) point me in the direction of previous thread(s) as sounds rather entertaining?

Many thanks

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Rory – please can you (or anyone else) point me in the direction of previous thread(s) as sounds rather entertaining?

Many thanks

As requested!

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73980

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72763

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

But where do you draw the line? A comment such as "Jumped well" is possibly subjective, but that is the kind of comment I am looking for in a Novice Chaser’s form.

I just presume the horse jumped well if no mistakes were mentioned in running.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.