The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ultima Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1442

A horse that I really like is Dusart, and he’s 20-1 at the moment for this.

I’m not a particularly big punter, and it’s very unusual for me to have an Antepost in a jumps handicap like this, but I thought I’d make an exception here for Dusart. I’ll have to open a Unibet account to back him, but I’m hoping that he’s worth it.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

Oscar Elite was third in the race last year. 33/1 looks way too big for a horse with festival form, albeit his recent form is uninspiring (similar last season).

With a baby on the way I’m not backing him yet but he’s top of my one horse shortlist.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Pleased to see stolen silver quoted on oddschecker for this. I know he was beaten the other day but that Skelton horse looked a penalty kick in hindsight so I still think stolen silver has some room off his mark.

If he doesn’t run then I’ll probably take a risk on Shan blue at a massive price and into overdrive unless he wins the sky bet on Saturday and gets a fair whack off the handicapper.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“With a baby on the way I’m not backing him yet but he’s top of my one horse shortlist.”

Congratulations!! You must be buzzing for it! Hopefully you still have some funds left for Cheltenham but I’m sure the little one will keep you busy enough either way 🙂

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

For a moment I was confused as to how Oscar Elite (a gelding as I understood it) had a baby on the way!

Many congratulations TakeYourTime 🙂

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

Thanks Ben, Marlingford :good:

This will be my first foal. Poor old Oscar Elite won’t be so lucky but on the plus side should have his mind on the job come March!

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Congrats to take your time!

Trf’s 2023 leading sire!

What’s your stud fee?

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

Thanks Tiz! Free to any mare who’ll take me. Well i was in my early 20s anyway 😉

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

After sounds Russian’s run earlier I’m even more interested in the 16’s available about into overdrive.

Probably a small stakes bet as a single and include him in some fancy multiples before confirmation stage and then press up on the day.

I’m going down on the Tuesday this year and a 10/1 on the day would be a fine start to the weeks proceedings!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Remember to eat four large donor kebabs before entering the racecourse.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

The name of the pub escapes me but there’s a complimentary breakfast included in the package that’s substantial enough to see me right until I cross the threshold of my door some 6 or 7 hours later Ian.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Offftt Tizz , full English … You’ll needs good walk to burn all the calories off

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“The name of the pub escapes me but there’s a complimentary breakfast included in the package that’s substantial enough to see me right until I cross the threshold of my door some 6 or 7 hours later Ian.”

Superb.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

HDLG

I’m hoping the jumping up and down and running down the steps of the best mate stand to see 6 winners cross the line will burn it all off :yahoo:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Someone on the Racing Post Facebook page was extolling the virtues of the Best Mate Stand to Chezza last week after Chezza had evidently upset a few locals with the perfectly-innocuous, friendly, comment that Cheltenham racecourse wanted bombing.

Chezza still intends to watch from the comfort – and safety! – of Chez Chezza.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

The best mate stand gives you a cracking view of the last 50 yards of the race.

Not so brilliant to see them from the 2nd last and last flights.

If they ever get round to building a side on or horse shoe shaped stand that overlooks the last half furlong of the old course it would be the best view in racing.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Congrats TYT, hope missus TYT is doing ok.
    I’ll be backing Oscar Elite on the day but his stablemate The Big Breakaway is my first bet in the race. He’s high in the weights but is big enough to cope with it and has good C+D form. He is classy enough to hold a good position and stamina is assured. Last season was a writeoff due to sore shins but he’s over that now. I don’t think he needs a bog and in any case, I think the CoC will be dumping plenty of water on (the ground was quick last year and they got away with it- it was all yay when Constitution Hill broke the course record but I don’t think they’ll risk quick ground again)

The Big Breakaway 16-1 win

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.