The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Two poor rides today

Home Forums Horse Racing Two poor rides today

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Not talking through my pocket.
    However I thought if Sam Waley Cohen had kicked on after the 4th last rather that appear to hold on to Long Run as long as he could he would have won, as he found traffic problems after and secondly had David Bass on Oscar Nominee opted to go right before the last as opposed to left he would also have won.
    Oscar Nominee was probably the unluckiest loser all week.

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

Disagree

I have been the dentist’s biggest critic , for me he rode a damn good race , always in position A , horse beaten fair and square , form with burtonport in Newbury worked out about right again

Long Run was given a perfectly good ride and I for one could not be critical of his jockey

Ricky

Miss Woodford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1335

Cohen got Long Run stuck in the pocket. He should have angled out at the top of the stretch, or at least tried to.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

It was Long Run’s lack of pace got Long Run stuck in the pocket. He was given every opportunity to run alongside Time For Rupert and The Giant Bolster but was just tapped for toe.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

It was Long Run’s lack of pace got Long Run stuck in the pocket. He was given every opportunity to run alongside Time For Rupert and The Giant Bolster but was just tapped for toe.

Steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5783

LR can’t jump

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Miss Woodford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1335

LR can’t jump

Maybe they should have brought him along slower rather than putting him on the big fences as a 5yo.

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2033

LR can’t jump

THIS.

ivanjica
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

I think Long Run had ample opportunity to win having been caught in a pocket not unlike the one Best Mate found himself in back in 2004.  He wasnt good enough, I mean we are talking about only needing to reel on The Giant Bolster – a good but not brilliant horse. Neither Synchronised or TGB should have had the speed to thwart Long Run.  But thwart him they did. Blame the jockey all you like but he rode the horse in a KG and GC victory which led to him being heralded as the new pegasus as is the wont of modern racing fans. Horses need to do it first before they deserve to be called truly great and Kauto Star, Best Mate, Istabraq etc did it, which a lot of race fans seem to have overlooked when they got carried away with the 2011 CH and GC winners.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1636

I think he rode him OK. As Ted Walsh said after the race, the Long Run of last year would have won, but the horse was just not good enough this year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.