The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Two from the HIATT yard!!!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Two from the HIATT yard!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Not the kind of stable I would usually pick horses to follow from but these two look to be coming back into form and ought to win in the next few weeks…

1. SUNDRIED TOMATO (goes tomorrow over 7f at Wolves, although is probably better over 6f at Southwell)<br>A win tomorrow is not out of the question, but this horse is selected on the back of a much improved effort in a claimer last time, suggesting his mark of 63 is fairly generous. Having almost come back to form a couple of times without actually making it, he now looks poised to strike, with the yard on an upwards swing.

2. TIGHT SQUEEZE (goes on Tuesday over 12f at Lingfield, which suits)<br>On the face of it is high enough in the handicap, but is very well suited by Lingfield and, although inevitably in need of a bit of luck in the straight, has a very good win ratio on the polytrack in competitive handicaps, coming late off a fast pace. Has improved for each of two comeback runs, but finished far enough back in the pack last time to avoid undue (Spotlight) attention. Should win again soon.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Update – Sundried Tomato put in a ‘dull one’ (god, all this US stuff is finally getting to me) but remains of interest for the time being, whilst Tight Squeeze ran 7th of 12 but was only beaten a length in total around Lingfield, being trapped on the inside. She will win soon.

(Also, the stable remains in reasonable, slightly progressive form)

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Quick Update – all quiet on the Tight Squeeze front, whilst Sundried Tomato ‘ran’ another pants race over 7f at Wolverhampton this weekend but is entered in a 6f Southwell handicap later this week, which looks very winnable…

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Sundried Tomato was well-backed (eventually 9/1 having been 25/1 in the R.P. tissue) but was hampered early on and pretty much allowed to coast in, thus telling us very little.

Both horses are entered again this week over their ideal course/distance (Sundried Tomato=6f Southwell, Tight Squeeze=12f Lingfield).

Pants runs this week and even I will give up on this pair!

:)

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

No, no, no! Got this one well wrong and apologise profusely.

Tight Squeeze has run well on several occasions but gives every indication of being 6-7lbs too high in the handicap, whilst Sundried Tomato has totally failed to repeat that good run and would be hard pushed to win any sort of race in present form/attitude.

Pah!

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

And who has just won the app hcap at Ponty,Tight Squeeze

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

i was obviously holding her back and bear no grudge!!!

(to be honest i don’t feel peeved because she was selected as a dirt horse, and only briefly scanned her inferior turf race record)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.