The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tuesday 28th March

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Tuesday 28th March

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

After a series of duff tips I’ve given I’m being wary of giving people what are merely fancies. Instead I’ll just post tips on those that I "have the edge" on and I’ll post on a Saturday (not that there read but that’s probably a good thing).

The two year old maiden today (Tuesday) (2:10F) has just one runner with previous experience. Zafonical Storm came third behind Love In May and Spoof Master, the latter of which won a decent race on Saturday and is currently my top rated two year old. However I rated Zafonical Storm 70 for its 3rd which imo seems right on the border line between back and lay. It is forecasted 5/4f though and there are a couple of others that interest me though much of it is guesswork with newcomers.

Goose Green looks sure to stay middle distances in time but the stable is good at this type of race and so it cannot be dismissed. The soft ground will probably help as well if it makes it a stamina test. However 11/8 doesn’t tempt me either and the chances are I will be laying the top two in the market. However if I do back one (or two) it will be Alice Who and River prince. The first of the two gets 5lb from the rest of the field and to my novice eyes looks well bred with its sire and dam both shown form that would win this race on the bridle. The distance is a bit of a worry but with the ground been testing it could benefit from its stamina reserves./ It looks well matched with Goose Green and with odds of 12/1 versus 11/8 its a no brainer. River Prince is my other fancy as the stable seems forward in terms of preperation. Its pedigree doesn’t inspire confidence but the stable does and it will be cheered home let me assure you. The other horse in the race, Racing Stripes, was not dismiised out of hand at first look but has, frankly, a dreadful pedigree and is likely to finish last.

The conclusion is a recommended bet on the following:

1pt River Prince @ 9/1<br>1pt Alice Who @ 12/1

Let’s hope these two fight it out at the finish. Love to here other people’s view on the race

ScotiaScotia
    • Total Posts 111

Interesting write up FSL, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Bold taking on the front two ( + Channon’s yard) agree it will be a stamina test today at Folkestone Good luck with you selections.

I’m going with Water Taxi 2nd 3.00@  4.1 on BF acts on going and progressive sort.

Good luck all who are having a punt today

(Edited by Scotia at 3:07 pm on Mar. 28, 2006)

• Total Posts 2065

A losing bet but i would have been interested to see how River Prince would have got on had it have run. I don’t think it would have needed to have been that good to win. One to watch for next time I suppose.

-1pt

ScotiaScotia
    • Total Posts 111

FSL looked like the winner Zafonical Storm could have been turned over if the second Racing Stripes had kept a straight line in racing and not driffted – or was taken by jockey – right across the track. Looked a very weak race.

(Edited by Scotia at 2:43 pm on Mar. 28, 2006)

• Total Posts 2065

My consolation is my rating was right – "right on the borderline between back and lay"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.