The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Triumph Hurdle 2023

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Triumph Hurdle 2023

Viewing 12 posts - 103 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7473

A good few here seem to have been entered to pick up bits and pieces prize money as it’s an easier event thatn the handicap earlier in the week. With so many All-weather options now the flow of 4yos to hurdles is a trickle and the division is particularly weak this side of the Irish Sea. Events held in Scotland in recent weeks have struggled to raisde a quorum.

Can’t see beyond the Irish trio of Lossiemouth, Blood Destiny and Gala Marceau and the betting says as much. I’ve backed Gala Marcea as the longest priced of the three who have little between them on figures.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Maybe it has already been said, maybe not.
    Willie Mullins for all that he he holds the three market leaders along with a support cast of three more runners, has an appalling triumph hurdle record.
    60 runners this century, three winners, and one of those because Goshen deigned not to play ball.

After being shunted back in the field last time out lossimouth put in a huge effort to get back up for second place and it remains to be seen if that exertion has left a mark, certainly Mullins would have liked the horse to have been put on easy street on the run in after that.

Jupiter du Gite romped home at Newbury and then with Jamie on board reverted to type.
    He’s unbeaten with Niall on board and may well be seen in a better light back in a pressure cooker environment.
    I’m Don Quixote tilting at windmills,but maybe just maybe, Gary Moore has some unfinished business here.
    He’d still have to find ten lengths on the Mullins battalion but three quid each way on this likely fourth or fifth feels better than backing these uncertain “certainties”.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Lossiemouth 5-1 ew, Gala Marceau 5-1 ew.

Good luck all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

LOOPITER DU GITE!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1656

Jupiter du Gite is testing the arm strength of his poor rider, my goodness

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Get in!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Well done everyone on Lossie, she went for home pretty early, stamina must be no issue, they were never going to get to her.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Hurrah!

I was nervous about her getting up the hill when she was running away, so she must be very good.

Townend was shrewd in the middle of the race to rein back from the horse on his inside that was hanging to its right.

Just the first four trained by Mullins.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Well done everyone 😀
    Ricci emotional there…😂

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Wd winners

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

1-2-3 for the girls, thankfully there’s no juvenile fillies G1 at the festival yet 😉

Gary Moore should aim Jupiter Du Gite at the Epsom Dash

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I wonder if Moore gallops Jupiter with Goshen ?,

Moore seems to have cornered the market on lunatics …. Have I mentioned I like Jupiter

Viewing 12 posts - 103 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.