The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Triumph Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Triumph Hurdle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1218

I hope they do run Me Voici too maybe just for the experience, looks a tremendous prospect in the making. Carlito Brigante was impressive in Scotland especially, looked quite versatile in the way that he ran which is a positive in such a speedy event as the Triumph. Looks to have a good degree of stamina too. I may just wait to back on the day in this, things seem to change very quickly in the run up.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4796

Mystified why Pipe is still targeting the Fred Winter with Notus De La Tour. There will be a maximum field in the handicap but it will be no surprise to see a very small field – possibly less than a dozen – for what has always looked a very weak renewal of the Triumph.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4796

Looking as if Notus De La Tour is still heading for the Fred Winter so have added Me Voici. If they get the expected rain and small field it will be very hard to resist the temptation to run – 20/1 is too big as he would go off 10/1-12/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5576

I think Westlin’ Winds and Pittoni are the two to be with here. I’m expecting a much improved run from Pittoni who there has been a large amount of money for lately. Westlin’ Winds arguably has the most solid form in the book and 10/1 is a fair price.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I always hoped to see Barizan come back for this.

T J O’Brien isn’t a jockey I’m too familiar with and how he got the ride over AP I have no idea, seems a bit strange to say the least.

Before he lost to Pistlet Noir Barizan had an opportunity to have hack round Cheltenham in a 4 horse race. The opposition was very poor and he could have easily been waited with and gone past at anytime for an easy win.

Instead they gave him a real workout and AP set off like a bat out of hell most likley to get an idea of how he could handle the track at speed.

You certainly wouldn’t have been jumping on at his then odds of 16/1. He won very easily but his hurdling was woeful.

However Evan Williams is very shrewd and after Newbury when many would have kept going he decided to put him away and wait for this. No doubt he’ll have been well schooled durng the last few months.

He won’t be hanging about today and a could have lot of these in trouble by half way. He looks a lively outsider to me and worth an ew bet. Who knows? there could be a jockey change before the off.

The immediate problem in this race is the ground.

Carlito Brigante was impressive at Musselburgh but that form may not be anywhere near good enough to win this. His 11 length defeat of Alaivin seems to have had little affect on the confidence behind his ability to turn that frm on it’s head.

A fluke win at 20/1 and 2 wins in moderate races at Musselburgh in softish ground isn’t form you could depend on in a race like this.

Alaivan looked really classy in his latest run and it’s easy to see why he is fav. The worry with him is the ground as he’s never raced on it. Carlito Brigante has but never run well on it.

Ruby has got off Secant Star to ride Advisor, he will go on the ground but whether he’s good enough to win this or not is questionable.

One that catches the eye is Nicky Henderson’s Soldatino who I had never heard of until he slammed Ultimate the other day. I did ask around after the race and was told he was their horse for this… a lot off bloody help that was having just lost a right few quid on Ultimate :lol:

That form is on a par with that of Carlito Brigante and he looks the more likely to have improvement in him.

He’s as non throuroubred, which means I’m told, he’s more likely to stay this trip at speed than most of the others plus he has raced on good ground before in France and acts fine on it.

Most of Nicky’s have run a little bit flat but hopefully that’s only a coincidence and this one can beat off the Irish challenge.

He’s currently 6/1 but I don’t expect he’ll go longer if they fancy him that much.

Can’t see anything else that look good enough

Soldatino 6/1

for me.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9061

I’m backing Barizan ew Fist; I was checking out another horse on ATR and Barizan beat him by a mile..just wondered why he hadn’t run for so long, but can’t resist 33/1 for a horse with such good course form.[added Investissement….]

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

Alavain for me

• Total Posts 1537

I’d side with Soldatino. I think Pittoni is a good horse, but it’s a concern that Russel would opt for Carlito Brigante instead. Steve Melish said after Soldatino’s last race that it’s not good enough for a Triumph, but it’s hardly a top renewal. Ok the opposition wasn’t much use, either was the ground, but he picked up well and BG didn’t have to use the whip. I thought Super Kenny would have been coming here, and i don’t believe they ran out of time with him, so if they prefer Soldatino here he has to has a good chance. Advisor looks good as well, although to say he’s the best Nicholl’s horse for this race might not being saying much, that’s the only negative at this moment.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

With Peddlers Cross having ensured a profit for the week, I’ve had a speculative interest in Barizan now that Secant Star is out.

• Total Posts 1046

Soldatino

for me also. Trends horse, vibes are good.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Small each-way on Investissement for me @ 66/1

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

1:30 Investissement £50 ew 66-1

• Total Posts 1046

gettttttttttt innnnnnnnn trends totally nailed that one :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8)

• Total Posts 2440

Very good ride from Barry Geraghty, timed it brilliantly.

Very enterprising ride by Tom O’Brien and i thought at one point, that he had slipped the field.

• Total Posts 980

Heroic stuff from Barizan. Normally I’d be gutted but I can’t help but be pleased this time.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9061

…….I am gutted….jumped every fence with Barizan albeit with my eyes closed..

• Total Posts 4293

Jeez, I’ve only just got home, and I find out Fist AND Goldilocks AND BB backed this. Next thing, you’ll be telling me Gordon backed it as well.

Haven’t studied any of today’s racing, as it looked horrendous last night, and I already had an AP bet on Alaivan and one on MM @ 80 to get placed in the Gold Cup, so I was content with that. £40 up on the week. 4 G1 winners! :shock: Must mean I lost a couple of hundred on the h’caps . . .

Anyway, saw this

Soldatino (FR)

* 4-y-o (25Feb06 gr g)
    * Graveron (FR) — Malory Du Chenay (FR) (Art Sebal (USA) )

and wondered what the hell it was. Actually, Graveron descends from Mill Reef, and Art Sebal is by Arctic Tern, so there are some familiar elements in it.

The Aftertiming King

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.