January 5, 2019 at 15:59 #1391515
Here we go again……
We’ve had a competition the last few years on TRF, going up against Pricewise with his Ante-Post Cheltenham picks, so if anybody is interested, I’ll run one again this year.
He starts off with The Champion Hurdle this Tuesday, followed by The Stayers Hurdle on Wednesday, and The Gold Cup on Thursday.
If he follows the same format as usual, the other races will be………
but I’ll watch it as each week progresses.
The main aim is to beat him, but obviously wee bit of kudos for whoever comes out on top of the TRF tipsters.
Here’s a reminder of last years comp, won by Autumnal…….
The Rules are as follows, ****Please Read****
– One selection per race, unless Pricewise makes additional selections, either win or each way.
– If Pricewise takes a price which is not yet advertised, then those of you who have also made that selection will automatically get that price if they’ve taken lower.
– Only Bookmakers which I list before the competition starts, will be accepted.
– Late entries will be permitted, but to qualify for every race, please check weekly for deadlines. For example this week, to qualify for all 3 races, entries must be in by Sunday 13th January at Midnight. Any entries received after this will still be allowed in for future races, but you will be down 6 points for the 3 initial races.
– Selections can be made for a race, only after the time and date stipulated on here. If you can’t make it on here for a race, let me know, either on here or by private message, and I will take the best price available once the race opens.
– Anyone not stipulating win or each way, will automatically lose their selection ****please please please double check this****.
– Prices quoted at the time of posting (i.e no aftertiming), try to quote which Firms are offering the price on your selections, again AT THE TIME OF POSTING, or just state if generally available. Please, please, please do not make up a price, or use one which is long gone…….leading me to get bombarded by private messages complaining about people cheating.
– NRNB will not count for any selections. If Pricewise makes future selections for a race already covered, these won’t count for the competition.
– That’s it. If anyone thinks of anything I’ve missed from last year, then fire away.
Entries for this weeks races will kick off at 1500 hours on Monday 7th January, and all entries for these 3 races must be in by Midnight on Sunday 13th January.January 5, 2019 at 16:03 #1391518
*****Remember to put win or each way******
Worth a second reminder lolJanuary 5, 2019 at 18:21 #1391530
Love this comp, Vtc
not very good at it but love it all the same
Maybe people calling out cheats should do so here instead of pm’ing vtc
will make an interesting read, if nothing else…
Good luck allMember since March 2008January 5, 2019 at 19:15 #1391537Middle_Of_MarchParticipant
- Total Posts 2751
I like this comp. cheers for sorting VTCJanuary 6, 2019 at 01:30 #1391559
Cheers guys, good to get it up and running again.
Nath, to be fair, I’ve had no messages for about three years now, I just keep it in that “copy and paste” opening post, keeps people on their toes lolJanuary 7, 2019 at 13:38 #1391684KevMcParticipant
- Total Posts 1258
Cheers for doing this again Bobby, much appreciated.January 7, 2019 at 14:38 #1391694
No probs KevJanuary 7, 2019 at 14:45 #1391695
Guys, for info, these are the firms on Oddschecker which can’t be used. From the time I’ve being doing this, I can’t recall him having ever used…….
As stated, entries open in less than 20 minutes, at 1500, for Champion Hurdle, Gold Cup, and Stayers.
For info, especially those considering an outside in The Gold Cup, entries are out today or tomorrow.January 7, 2019 at 14:48 #1391696
Don’t know if I’ve already mentioned this, but…….
Remember to put win or each wayJanuary 7, 2019 at 15:01 #1391702
Are we open yet Bob..?
I’m stood at the checkoutMember since March 2008January 7, 2019 at 15:01 #1391703
Fire away mate….January 7, 2019 at 15:02 #1391705
EACH/WAYMember since March 2008January 7, 2019 at 15:49 #1391707TheKryptonFactorParticipant
- Total Posts 1286
Thanks for running this VtC. With Bedrock likely to be absent, this selection will have to do.
Apple’s Jade E/W 20/1
Betfair SportsbookJanuary 7, 2019 at 16:11 #1391708KingSprinterSacreParticipant
- Total Posts 423
Thanks for running again VTC.
Champion hurdle – Melon 12s ew (Winner sport, dont see them on the banned list from oddschecker, if they should be then 10s available with Will Hill).
Stayers hurdle – Faugheen 12/1 to win (Will hill)
Gold cup – Presenting Percy 9/2 to win (betfair sports book).January 7, 2019 at 16:20 #1391709
I don’t have Winner on Oddschecker, must be the browser or something like that, I’ll go with the 10’s if that’s ok mate.
Probably best if I just list them all, save any hassle. Sorry for the inconvenience mate.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.