The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Trainer Pip Payne

Home Forums Horse Racing Trainer Pip Payne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kiwibloodstock
    • Total Posts 54

Trainer Pip was found dead this morning. Very sad for the racing world, he was a great guy and will be missed by all. Thoughts go out to his wife and children.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing_new/ … 20127.html

jinnyj
    • Total Posts 141

Deeply shocked by this – I knew him to asy hello to and I just can’t begin to imagine what he must have been going through.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

Very sad news indeed. Condolences to all his family and friends.

greektown
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

That is dreadful and very sad news . I knew Pip a little and he was a good trainer. He would often have one of his children on the front of his saddle when coming home from exercise.
    The last time I saw him he and his wife were coming out of Tesco’s car park as I was walking in. A quick wave and they were gone. I still find it difficult to believe that he has gone in such a way.
    I send my sypathy and condolences to his family and friends.
    R.I.P. Pip

G

Jac24
    • Total Posts 1

Met him in the 90’s on a Sunday afternoon on the Rowley mile track when he was walking with his 2 oldest boys.We were visiting from Manchester as keen racing lovers and we got chatting to him and he very kindly invited my husband,our 2 young sons and myself to his yard at 6pm that evening to show us his yard,horses etc which was a huge thrill.We sat in his kitchen chatting and I left with a few books on bloodstock and breeding etc.
    You just know when you meet a real nice person,you just know..and that impression applied to Pip.He went out of his way to show us a glimpse of his life within the racing world..just because we went out of our way to travel from built up Manchester to a place he loved..and so did we from afar..

We next met up with him at Haydock races..and again he went out of his way to have a chat with us.

Memories of a very special man…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.