The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Toughest stable to predict runners from

Home Forums Horse Racing Toughest stable to predict runners from

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Which stable do you find the toughest to read.

For me I find the Pipe stable one of the hardest stables to read when they are going to be winning/losing. I can never get my head round Pipe runners and I generally avoid backing or laying them.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Barney Curley’s. :lol:

Colin

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Of the big stables, Channon on the flat. Its not that hes a poor trainer or dodgy in any sense and his policy of running them hard is fair enough if he has the owners that prefer that, but it makes predictions difficult

Over the jumps…. Jonjo. Who else? Although given that hes "out of form" 10 months out of the year, then i suppose you could argue hes easy to read :?

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Sylvester Kirk

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

Henrietta Knight’s

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Andy Turnell big quiet man with a strike rate of about 18% and 18 quid profit on all his runners….got a little private fun bet he will top 22 quid by the end of the season…….horses ok when they are on form and short prices they do fairly well but he seems to win with horses that look near useless. Has an uncanny ability of winning races when you least expect it and never seems to say much to the press.

Has more jockeys than my ex girlfriend and now he’s dragged a jockey off the flat to ride Blue Bajan in the tote…….was going to back it but now I am not so sure………actually think it will still win but why he does these things I have no idea. Very hard man to read.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Channon on the flat. Its not that hes a poor trainer or dodgy in any sense

Lol.

William Haggas for me.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

I never bet horses from the following stables:

M.Channon
    R.Hannon
    C.Brittain
    D.Elsworth
    Tim Easterby
    Evan Williams
    J.R.Jenkins
    Tom George

France

Robert collet
    J.M.Capitte

Germany

U.Stoltefuss
    Peter Schiergen

Ireland

Tony Martin

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Channon on the flat. Its not that hes a poor trainer or dodgy in any sense

Lol.

William Haggas for me.

DJ…why are you laughing?? :D Care to explain?????? :wink:

Haggas? I think hes fine myself. Maybe beacuse i follow him a bit, i can see the patterns. My gripe is with those that are seemingly scattergun or just hopeless

golfmanjohn
    • Total Posts 5

Jonjos stable is without the hardest to predict.No body comes near…

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

On the subject of the Pipe runners when I used to go racing a lot it was always worth noting the antics of bookie Barry Dennis.
    (His son Patrick used to be even worse!)

It is well documented that he has a freind D.J. who used to have the majority of the horses in the yard.

When Barry or Patrick were always on the joint early and seeming to be giving ‘the value’ on the Pipe runners it was time to look for some other horse to back!
    However when they started calling the odds after the comrades around them and being skinny on the prices on offer it was time to back the Pipe horse they were short about!

With regard to Mark Johnston at Ascot and Goodwood backing anything sent down there blindly used to be very profitable!

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5411

If ‘toughest to read’ equates to ‘whacking loss’ when bet then it’s Mary/Keith Reveley.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

They’re all tough to predict. :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

golfmanjohn
    • Total Posts 5

I agree with you on the M Johnson goodwood point.. But there is 1 easy way to make money on a M Johnson horse and that is never back his horses when they are favs..Its a golden rule..

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome to The Racing Forum, golfmanjohn. 8)

Fists, are you suggesting that Andy Turnell is a big man physically?

Biggish for an ex-jockey but well below average height……I would agree with you that he is quiet.

Colin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.