The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tommo for "Strictly Come Dancing"

Home Forums Lounge Tommo for "Strictly Come Dancing"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Press Assoc. 02:30.

" Teledu and BBC, co-producers of Strictly Come Dancing have confirmed Channel 4 racing celebrity Derek Thompson will compete in the series to be shown this autumn
    "Soccer, snooker, rugby, cricket and athletics have all had competetitors in the first 5 series," explained artistic director Alf Priolo, "so we were keen to get someone from the horse racing world. Derek is a well known and popular figure. His charm and humour should win him lots of public support."
    Thompson (55) (Tommo to his fans), has been released from his C4, Attheraces and talksport duties whilst competing. He is, by his own admission, quite clumsy on the dancefloor and, in his own words "has made more fillies lame than a one-armed blacksmith."
    He did admit to having a basic grasp of the waltz and foxtrot. Asked how far he could progress in the demanding competition Tommo replied, "that’s a tough one. I think I’ll leave that to the judges."
    Other celebrities for the sixth series of the show will be revealed in the next few weeks."

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I feel that this post may be connected to today’s date……….which is a shame.

Colin

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1636

More of a relief I think. :shock: You’ve blown it now though Seabird, it would have been nice to see if anyone got taken in! I NEARLY did: I thought "You’ve got to be kidding" and then I thought "ohhhhh you are!"

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3073

Good one, I got taken in at first, the thing that alerted me was the wrong age, a bit more research required in future insomniac :lol:

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Like it! Got quite excited` for a bit until realised date. Haha. gutted lol

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6186

This has got to be another April 1st wind-up:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/dancingonic … n-ice.html

Could you imagine McCririck on the ice!

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

yep – did google to try and find out how old Tommo is but wasn’t successful. Ah well – ’til next year then!

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

yep – did google to try and find out how old Tommo is but wasn’t successful. Ah well – ’til next year then!

dob 31st July 1950

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

How about his dod?

Colin

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I can hear him now after his first waltz, to Brucie –

" Hey big fella, didn’t I do well…. hahaha haaaaa ! " :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

doublethetrouble
    • Total Posts 233

you got to have a laugh .i hope he doesnt see it . he might believe it himself

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

dob 31st July 1950

Seriously how do you know that?? That’s clever!
    There’s people on this forum that literally know everything about racing and the people involved in it. It always amazes me

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

dob 31st July 1950

Seriously how do you know that?? That’s clever!
    There’s people on this forum that literally know everything about racing and the people involved in it. It always amazes me

No clever trick Kautostar – The Directory Of the Turf has 99% of all the info you need

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

" Teledu and BBC, co-producers of Strictly Come Dancing have confirmed Channel 4 racing celebrity Derek Thompson will compete in the series to be shown this autumn
    "Soccer, snooker, rugby, cricket and athletics have all had competetitors in the first 5 series," explained artistic director Alf Priolo, "so we were keen to get someone from the horse racing world. Derek is a well known and popular figure. His charm and humour should win him lots of public support."quote]

Nearly fell for this, but the name ‘Alf Priolo’ gave it away – just re-arrange the letters!!!!

Darren – AngloGerman

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Pity they didnt choose Barry Dennis

when Thommo is booted out first round…. would like ruby to ask him if he chose the wrong partner…. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.